Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#27821] Christen Erikson and Britha Isaksdotter from Fjelberg/Ølen to IOWA in 1857?

Gjest Lars E. Øyane (Luster kommune)
 Del

On behalf of an American contact, Myrna McGhie, I ask for help to identify this family (this info comes from FamilySearch):Christen Erikson and Britha Isaksdotter were married in Fjelberg, Hordaland on June 8, 1849 and had at least the following three children:* Erik, born Dec. 27, 1849 in Fjelberg* Isak, born Sep. 4, 1851 in Fjelberg* Lars, christened Dec. 3, 1854 in ØlenAnother son Oliver was born in Norway in 1856, and then they all emigrated in 1857, apparently to Iowa.Britha Isaksdotter supposedly was born about 1821, and her father's name is given as Isak Helgeson, perhaps the one who lived as a young servant in Kinsarvik in 1801?Can anyone help Myrna identify her family?Thanks a million in advance!Very sincerely yours,Lars E. Oyane

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne D. Tveit

Christen Erikson: born on Aksdal, øvre in Fjelberg in 1810. He was son of Erik Jonson Slåke(1776-1816)and Ingjerd Kristensdotter Sunde(1788-1831). They lived on Aksdal, øvre.Brita Isaksdotter: born 1821 on Stua, Stord? Parents: Isak Larsson Stua (1789-1845)and Guro Ingebriktsdotter Utbjoa (1792-1872). Isak and Guro lived on Stua untill about 1822 when he tok over the farm Skarhaugen on Utbjoa from his stepfather.Christen and Brita lived on Skarhaugen, Utbjoa for 8 years before they emigrated.In my notes the son born in 1856 was named Halvor.A part of my family came from Utbjoa and I am recording the people who lived there. There is a book for this area called Ølen III, but it contains some errors. Do you know when the died and where they lived in USA?Best regards Arne Tveit

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Message received from Myrna McGhie:''Dear Lars,Oh, I am so pleased and so grateful. With all due respect and gratitude, I could hug you! You were able to do more to help me in a few days than anyone else has done in 20 years. I can hardly believe you could get this information so quickly. You're obviously a professional at this. Thank you so much. ...And would you, please, send my sincere thank you to Arne Tveit?Warm regards, Myrna''

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marie Skålnes

Gisle: I think the Ingebor you have found is the sister of Ingjerd. She was married to Tjerand Johnsson Slåke, the brother of Ingjerd's husband. I have not found Ingjerd in the 1801 Census, just in the bygdebok for Skånevik.You have found the right Erik in the 1801 Census. Eriks's mother was Ales Eriksdtr Åkra (1741-1794). Erik's father was John Johnsson Slåke. He was married three times and had 15 children, born between 1766 and 1809!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

New message from Myrna McGhie in Alaska in reply to Arne:''Christen died Sep 08 1858 in Roland, Story Co, IA. He was buried in the Roland Cemetery in Story Co., IA, on Sept 10, 1858.Brita died Jan 18 1907 in Roland, Story Co, IA, and is buried next to Christen. I got this from the historian in Roland Co., IA, through the Iowa Genealogy Society, Howard Twp., IA.Hope you're having a great day!''

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Myrna McGhie

I just want to say to Lars, Arne, Gisle and Marie (I hope I didn't miss anyone), that I am so grateful to you for helping me find my family in Norway. I have been looking for them for almost 20 years. It took just the right person, and that person was Lars -- straight from heaven -- I think.I have put out messages to family members whom I believe might have some information on Engetretson/Ulrich family. I will do my best to find something on them for you.Many, many thanks.Myrna McGhie Alaska, USA

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.