Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#32772] Looking for Even & Knud Evensen (østraadt) Stavanger to USA in 1871/1872

Gjest Vin Wright
 Del

Gjest Vin Wright

Can anyone help trace Evensens? Looking for Knut and Even Evensen (østraadt) who emigrated to the USA via Grosse Isle, Quebec in 1871/1872. There was a Knut Evensen in the 1910 census of Wood County, Auburndale Township WI. This Knut is the same age (give or take a year or two) as the one I am looking for and was born in Norway, as was mine. The two brothers emigrated from Stavanger and there has been no contact (to my knowledge) since. The entry in the census is thus: Page 13B of the 1910 Census in Wood County, Auburndale Township, State of Wisconsin. Head of Family: Knut Evensen, Age 56 years; years married: 25; Born in Norway, occupation: farmer; year immigrated 1874, owner of farm. Wife: Bertha, age 55 years, years married: 25; born in Norway, Occupation: none, year immigrated 1881 Daughter Marie, age 19 years, occupation: Public School Teacher, born in Wisconsin. Son Arthur, age 15 years, occupation farm laborer, born in Wisconsin. Any help greatly appreciated.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi C. Huitfeldt

Hi Vin!Look at these passenger lists:Even Evensen no. 277 [url="http://www.norwayheritage.com/p_list.asp?jo=1287>http://www.norwayheritage.com/p_list.asp?jo=1287I guess this Knut 'Leversen' is Knut Evensen no. 31 http://www.norwayheritage.com/p_list.asp?jo=1517 and somehow related to the people around him, no 30a to 33b.Census 1865:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vin Wright

Thank you Heidi for your help. I have the information on the Nordens Dronning but I think that the Knut on the ship 'Pera' is not mine as I do not know any of the other family members with this Knut. I have got the 1865 census details. I know Even and Knut both left Stavanger for the USA but I do not know what happened to them when they got there. Their brother, Berthel Martin Evensen Ostraadt came to England and he is my Great-Grandfather. He lost touch with his Norwegian family but one of his daughters went to Norway in the 60's and 70's to see them. I have traced them back to Einar Kleppe in 1570. Kind regards, Vin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest Vin Wright

Hello Heidi, I have found new information about Even & Knud and you were correct, it is Knut Evensen (not Leversen). Thank you once again for your help. Even left Norway in 1871 and I have now found out that Knut left in 1872. They both settled in Halstad Township, Norman County, Minnesota. Kind regards, Vin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.