Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#45840] Fra Lesja til USA-Jakob Ekren/Svendsen f1836 og Svend Svendsen Ekren f 1847.

Gjest Arnulv Thomassen
 Del

Gjest Arnulv Thomassen

Hei I do find Gilbert /Guttorm f 1847 in the emigration documents going from Oslo: '32465 Oslo 625 1874 Juni 05 Guttorm Svensen m u Arbm. 27 Lesje Milwaukee Wis. 2071 Usa 40.00 Oder ' He left Oslo in 1874 -hence after Svend copy of emigration #3 I will seach for his wife and also look for other people going together with him from Lesja. Do I owe you money for seaching in Eau Clear? I hope I can do you a favor sometime? Arnulv

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

No, no Arnulv...you do not owe me any money...I just looked at the 'Obituary index' at the Eau Claire site...there is no cost for that.Also remember that Ingeborg's father was with her in the 1920 census, calling himself John. In the 1910 census it almost looked like it said 'Gilbert' immigrated in 1867...like you say in #45. His year of immigration 'changes' depending on which census you look at. The censuses for Ingeborg seem to usually say 1866 for her year of immigration.Oh, and the Mary (Marit?) with Gilbert in the 1880 census...it just says she is a 'servant', and does not 'explain' her relationship to Gilbert. It is still possible that she is the sister to Jacob.Arnulv, doing genealogy searches is a 'hobby' for me...I enjoy it! ...especially when we can be successful!!!mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Oops...I made an error. I meant to say...It looks like 'Gilbert' immigrated in 1867..like you say in #43 (not #45). mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnulv Thomassen

hEI, i HOPE WE CAN MAKE JOKES since some people think what we are doing at least is very special! Looking for somebody long time ago-and I think sometime we do have to stop and make some funny comments. I am not sure whether i am confsed or we both are are confused? First generation emigrants from Norway in my family I have:Svend f 1847 emigrated in 1869. We do have documentation that he left Oslo and arrived New York .+ some other not documented infoJacob f 1837 with wife Kari and kids emigrated 1879- We have tracked the family to 1991(Death of Oliver) in USAMarit f 1856 - We have documented that she left Oslo together with Jacob - She might be the girl identified in by the hotel guy Gilbert Svendsen identified in #36(Guest list)Svend ,Jacob and Marit are sisters and brothers. Thats why the people around Gilbert is of interest. I am sure that Gilbert is not one of the prime targets but he is a family member and certenly living inthe same area. I will try again tomorrow to find more.Guttorm Svendsen (Gibert) is a relativ of Svend ,Jacob and Marit and we do have a relativ good documentation of his whereabouts in USA.Any information about these family members might give us info about the prime targets Svend,Jacob and Marit.I am sure since they have lived in the same area that they had contact.I will go on with Gilbert, Ingeborg and John etc and see if I can find them in emigration in Norway first. Thanks so far Arnulv

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Oh sure, I agree! I enjoy a little humor thrown in between the searches!I hope I am not making the 'confusion' worse. But, looking at what Tore wrote in #37 it seems to me that Guttorm (Gilbert, the hotel man in 1880) would be what we call a first cousin (soeskenbarn) to Kari, wife of Jacob (b. 1937). Am I right?I understand that Jacob, Marit and Svend are your main interest.mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnulv Thomassen

Hei, Yes you are right- they are first cousin. The records for emigration is on the nettwork from 1867 onwards. I will continue to dry to find Gilbert not only in 1874 as desribed in #54. In bygde bok it is mentioned that he also left for USA in 1867 but I have not been able to locate him in the norwegian emigration record. It is also strange that as he left Norway in 1874 he also gives Lesja as his home adress which is strange compared to others who were back in Norway who gave the USA adress? Anyhow in 1874 with the Oder it was 451 emigrants of which 20 persons came from Lesja. I will study more Arnulv

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

OK...NOW I see! Takk Arne! So the index calls him 'Sam'...Sure looks like Sven to me! Even his month and year of birth looks right...May 1847.mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnulv Thomassen

Hei Arne og Patty, Denne Sam har jeg på følelsen er riktig persjon? Han var med familie i Auburn dvs samme sted som Jacob var i 1880! Dere er raske så dette sporet må følges (I have a feeling this is the right person we do have to follow this track) Arnulv

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne Solås

I 1910 har de skiftet til Samson: 1910 United States Federal Censusabout Sam SamsonName: Sam Samson Age in 1910: 62Estimated birth year: abt 1848Birthplace: NorwayRelation to Head of House: HeadFather's Birth Place: NorwayMother's Birth Place: NorwaySpouse's name: CarolinaHome in 1910: Auburn, Chippewa, WisconsinMarital Status: MarriedRace: White Gender: MaleHousehold Members: Name AgeSam Samson 62Carolina Samson 56John Samson 24Minda Samson 21Melvine Samson 18Alga Samson 16Mary Oleson 80

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne Solås

1920 Sampson:Name: John O SampsonHome in 1920: Auburn, Chippewa, WisconsinAge: 34 yearsEstimated birth year: abt 1886Birthplace: WisconsinRelation to Head of House: HeadFather's Birth Place: NorwayMother's Birth Place: NorwayMarital Status: SingleRace: WhiteSex: MaleHome owned: OwnAble to read: YesAble to Write: YesImage: 349Household Members: Name AgeJohn O Sampson 34Malvin Sampson 27Mima Sampson 29Olga Sampson 25Magnus Peterson 13

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne Solås

Johns alder må være feil i 1930:Name: John SampsonHome in 1930: Cooks Valley, Chippewa, WisconsinAge: 41Estimated birth year: abt 1889Birthplace: WisconsinRelation to Head of House: HeadRace: White Rent/home value:Household Members: Name AgeJohn Sampson 41Melvin Sampson 38Olga Sampson 36

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnulv Thomassen

Hei, Jeg følger deg så langt- Jeg har nok med å lese og skrive ut så langt. Patty do you follow? He is quick but it looks right to me! Arnulv

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne Solås

Dette _kan_være Caroline som bor hos datteren Clara:Name: Caroline Sison [Caroline Cleon]Home in 1920: Nasewaupee, Door, WisconsinAge: 64 yearsEstimated birth year: abt 1856Birthplace: NorwayRelation to Head of House: Mother-in-lawFather's Birth Place: NorwayMother's Birth Place: NorwayMarital Status: MarriedRace: WhiteSex: FemaleYear of Immigration: 1864Able to read: YesAble to Write: YesImage: 771Neighbors: View others on pageHousehold Members: Name AgeEdward Veste 29Clara Veste 27Joyce Veste 3 8/12Caroline Sison 64

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne Solås

Jeg ser nå at han skriver seg for Samuel Samson i 1880. Da spørs det om ikke dette er et blindspor(?) Det så jo så lovende ut i følge 1900-census.Name: Samuel SamsonHome in 1880: Auburn, Chippewa, WisconsinAge: 32Estimated birth year: abt 1848Birthplace: NorRelation to head-of-household: Self (Head)Spouse's name: CarolineFather's birthplace: NorMother's birthplace: NorOccupation: FarmerMarital Status: MarriedRace: WhiteGender: MaleHousehold Members: Name AgeSamuel Samson 32Caroline Samson 24Matilda Samson 7Clara Samson 5Julia Samson 4Simon O. Samson 1Ole Olesen 57Mary Olesen 60

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

I wonder if I have found this before Arne! I am at the library, so I can use Ancestry here... 1930 Door County..same township Edward Vista, 40 Clara, 38 Joyce, 14 Donald, 1 yr 11 months Ardis, 2 months mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnulv Thomassen

Hei, Dette er Svend i 1880 ?1880 United States Federal Census about Samuel Samson Name: Samuel Samson Home in 1880: Auburn, Chippewa, Wisconsin Age: 32 Estimated birth year: abt 1848 Birthplace: Nor Relation to head-of-household: Self (Head) Spouse's name: Caroline Father's birthplace: Nor Mother's birthplace: Nor Neighbors: View others on page Occupation: Farmer Marital Status: Married Race: White Gender: Male Cannot read/write:Blind:Deaf and dumb:Otherwise disabled:Idiotic or insane: View image Household Members: Name Age Samuel Samson 32 Caroline Samson 24 Matilda Samson 7 Clara Samson 5 Julia Samson 4 Simon O. Samson 1 Ole Olesen 57 Mary Olesen 60

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

When I looked at the image for the 1920 Door county census, Caroline's last name really looks like 'Olsen' and her year of immigration is 1869 (even though the index calls it 1864). Edward Veste/Vista is a dairy farmer.So Arnulv...now you have a lot of informasjon on Svend and family!mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne Solås

Ja, som jeg ogå viser til i innlegg 69. Da spørs det om Svend Svendsen kan bli til Samuel Samson. Det virker jo usannsynlig, men jeg har også sett lignende navneskifte. Vet du om mor til Sven emigrerte og hva hun het til fornavn?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnulv Thomassen

Hei, Her kan du se det er ikkee lett å følge med. Mor til Svend var Marit Jakobsdatter f1811 d 1881 i Lesja.Hun emigrerte ikke. Ole Olesen og kan være foreldre til Caroline,/Corine ? Arnulv

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hei Arnulv og Arne!I just tried to write something here...but it did not go in...I will try again!I think there are a few problems with some of the information from yesterday.I think the 'Samuel Samson' in the 1880 census if from a different family...the Clara in this family was born in 1875, which does not match the Clara in Auburn in 1900, who was born in 1885....also where is John in the 1880 census?I also think the Door county family is not part of 'Svend's' family...the Clara in Door county is born about 1893...and the Caroline Olsen in Door county is age 64, but in Auburn in 1910, 'Carolina' (Sam/Svend's wife is age 56).What do you think?mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.