Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#80940] Baptism in Telemark interpretation

Gjest Marlys Nelson
 Del

Gjest Marlys Nelson

I found this baptism of Aase Hagensdatter,illegitimate child of Hagen Knutson and Raghnild Andresdatter in 1766 in Gransherad Telemark. Among the sponsors were my 'grandparents' Åne and Anne Stensrud. Can someone tell me what the controversy was about the child? I would appreciate any thoughts on it. Below is the link to Aase's baptism. Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar S. Ertesvåg

The text after the names of the withnesses reads: 'Faderen til dette Barn sagdes død og angaves at være en Arbeids Karl fra Næs Sogn i Hallingdalen, ved Navn Haagen Knutsøn. og Moderen var et løst og omløbende Qvinde-Menneske, der i Følge av en forrviist Attest fra Sogne Presten Hr. Quam, samt egen Tilstaaelse var afvigte Høst(?) afskediged fra Aals Præste-gield i bemeldte Hallingdalen og henviist til Nore Annex-Sogn i Rølloug Præstegield udi Numadalen, Hendes Navn var Ragnhild Anders Datt. Og det Sted hvor hendes Barne-Fødsel foregikk var Steensrud, beboet av Aane Olesøn. Det strenge Bud i Loven blev samme Dag efter kommet(?) saavel i Hensende til Øvrigheden, som Herreds Privsten: - 'There seems not to be any controversy.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar S. Ertesvåg

The last word of the transcription should be '...Provsten'In English the content will be something like: The father of this child was said to be dead and stated as a workman from Næs parish in Hallingdalen by name Haagen Knutsøn. The mother was a loose and running-around female. According to a certificate (she had) presented, issued by the vicar Mr. Quam, and her own confession, she was last fall dismissed from Aal parish in aforementioned Hallingdalen and sent to Nore sub-parish in Rølloug parish in Numadalen. Her name was Ragnhild Andersdatter. The location of the childbirth was Steensrud, where Aane Olesøn lives. The strict commandment in the Law was on the same day reported to (or noticed by?) the public authorities and by the 'Prost' [a clergy in rank between vicar and bishop].

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marlys Nelson

Thank you for the translationi, Ivar. I could find no further mention of this child in the bygdebok or church records, so didn't think the Stensruds continued to care for her. Interesting.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.