Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Please translate/explain - Aamli, Aust-Agder 1711/12

Rick Klemetson
 Del

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=9920&idx_id=9920&uid=ny&idx_side=-5

Right page, near top - Ole Sivertsen has two daughters - Aase and Johanna

(what is the birth or christening date

Right page, near bottom - Ole Sivertsen Spillinyou (what is this farm name?)

Johanna - 2 1/2 Aase - 5 1/2

Did both children die?

How old were they when they died?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The girls were christened on Dec. 2nd, but they may not have been born at the same time, or shortly prior to their christening, hence the age mentioned when they died. At first I thought the word after Ole Sivertsøn was 'tvillinger' (twins), but of course they would then have been the same age. My guess at the word is 'Spillingen' but I'm not sure it is correct.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I read the last entry like this: Ole Sivertsens Tvillinger Johanna 2 1/2 og Aase 5 1/2 uge gl.

Ole Sivertsen's twins Johanna (died at the age of 2 1/2 week) and Aase (died at the age of 5 1/2 week). They were buried at the same date.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I agree with Else. They were twins. The fact that they died at different ages, doesn't mean that they couldn't be twins. They died close enough, however, that they were buried on the same date.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Of course you are right, Else and Ken. I didn't notice the word 'uge' (week). And since it was during the winter and the ground frozen, some funerals had to wait a bit anyway.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider