Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Ecclesiastical Agendas/Records for Hordaland

Sandra Gascoigne
 Del

I have found several birth, marriage and death records for my ancestors by using the digital archives of Ullensvang District, which includes the parishes of Ullensvang, Kinsarvik - and Odda parish until 1915 when it became its own clerical district. The issue is I can not tell if, for example, a burial happened in Odda church or Ullensvang church as these records are all 'lumped 'together. I have been told by the digital archives people that there are ecclesiastical agendas or records that might provide more precise information to clarify this matter. Does Anyone know where I can look for these agendas online?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

In some cases, the records are written separately for each "sokn", each of Ullensvang, Kinsarvik, and Odda.

In records for the whole "prestegjeld", there may be information in some cases. Take a look at this page with burials:

SAB, Ullensvang Sokneprestembete, H/Haa: Ministerialbok nr. A 15, 1867-1882, s. 18
Brukslenke for sidevisning: https://media.digitalarkivet.no/kb20070103670103

To the left, next to the numbers, there is in some cases a  "K", "O", or "U", evidently referring to the sokns. 

In other cases, it's just not possible to tell for sure which sokn it is. It will normally be the one where the people lived, but there are exceptions of course.

Endret av Torodd Kinn
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

16 hours ago, Torodd Kinn said:

In some cases, the records are written separately for each "sokn", each of Ullensvang, Kinsarvik, and Odda.

In records for the whole "prestegjeld", there may be information in some cases. Take a look at this page with burials:

SAB, Ullensvang Sokneprestembete, H/Haa: Ministerialbok nr. A 15, 1867-1882, s. 18
Brukslenke for sidevisning: https://media.digitalarkivet.no/kb20070103670103

To the left, next to the numbers, there is in some cases a  "K", "O", or "U", evidently referring to the sokns. 

In other cases, it's just not possible to tell for sure which sokn it is. It will normally be the one where the people lived, but there are exceptions of course.

Thank you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider