Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Lars Hovoldson

Jodi Rae
 Del

I am trying to connect Lars Hovoldson to his birth area and family. I have his daughter Dorthe and wife Karen. Daughter Dorthe is married to Jacob Haagenson November 19, 1807 in Ovre Foss, Norway. I have little information other than this.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I do not read Norwegian, but I am starting to understand some words. I checked the first link Census 1801. I am confused by the long list that arrives. Is it the whole page of the book? There are SOO many people listed within this family. I do not understand that. Did many people live together on a farm typically? Thank you for the lead and communication. Jodi

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Census 1801 = Folketelling 1801.

Foss farm consists of 4 housholds.

H. no. 02 Lars Hovoldsen.

Alder = age   Født = born   Fødested = birthplace  Bostatus ?

Familiestilling =position in the family   Sivilstand = maritial status   Yrke = profession.

Are you able to open the link  Bygdebok Nannestad ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I was able to get to the link of all of the books. I am at school and only looked briefly. This is an amazing link. 

Why were the farms supporting so many household member's? When I look at Norway, I see a few large building's for communal type purpose, but mostly I only view modern household's. Did whole and extended family always reside such this way?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1 hour ago, Åsbjørg Susort said:

H.nr 02 is your family.

Thank you for the communication. Fodselsdato: 1736 (beregnet) is ~ birthyear? I had 1767. I do not see a death, but when I translated the word beregnet, it gave me sprinkled. Will I take the census year, and age (Alder) and count back to determine his age? Also, why is there typically not recordings of marriage events. I noticed in some of my later documents provided to me from Norway Heritage they are recorded. Is it that they just haven't gotten to Digitalarkivet yet? Also, sorry I've another question, is Digitalarkivet something like Wikitree where persons like myself can enter the data from sources such as the Bygdebok?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Not sure why you are encouraging me to the front page of digitalarkivet and the English button. I have been in this program frequently. Are you able to provide clarification of the word beregnet? If not that is okay. I am certain I will discover this. Thank you. for the assistants directing me to the correct Person: 007 Lars Hovoldson. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I just asked beause it is a difference between how I would answere a child and an adult.

If I understand your answer: Beregne= calculate   Beregnet = calculated

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I'm sure my comment about being in school was inducing the awareness. I'm working on my reinvention in my second half of life. Thank you. 

Asbjorg, when you directed me to the English button on Digitalarkivet, I am aware of that, do I recall correctly that the forum is only in Norwegian or is it bokmal? I am on a learning curve with my three Norwegian ancestors. I've been a little intimidated about venturing to this. I have been working on my mother's side of her family for quite some time compiling data in Wikitree. This is why I asked the question about the Digitalarkivet. Is it encouraged or accessible to the general public to even enter data? I would like to connect my family in America to the families in Norway if it is possible. I haven't gotten that far yet. Or is Digitalarkivet just a compilation from all of the books in parishes, etc.?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you. That is just perfect. I like this program a lot and am grateful that it is here. It is a very strange sensation to come to the language like it is mystical and really special. I sorta don't want to lose the mysticism by the realization this country is full of modern-day people and it requires me letting go of my little hick life because all of Norway to me is larger than life!! That is how I've viewed my dad's side of the family. 🙂

• Haha 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider