Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

More help requested with Jens Giørgensen, Lurøy 1785

Kathleen Love
 Del

https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/view/16602/45

Are these two different men of the same name? Left page top, second entry, christening of Jens Giørgensen Selnes child Elisabeth. Any indication this is not a legitimate birth?

Middle of page - Trinity, introd. of J. G. wife/woman of Selnes

Very bottom of page: marriage of Jens Giørgensen and Berit Rasmusdr Selnes

Untangling two or more Lurøy people.

Thank you for your good work

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1 time siden, Kathleen Love skrev:

https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/view/16602/45

Are these two different men of the same name? Left page top, second entry, christening of Jens Giørgensen Selnes child Elisabeth. Any indication this is not a legitimate birth?

left margin. "tidling sammenleje" - 'early intercourse'

Thus... married, but the first child was born less than 9 months after the marriage.

The introduction was for married mothers, only.

Thus, if the vicar followed the law; the groom Jens Giørgensen at the bottom of the page and the father at the top, are two different persons.

Have you been looking for engagement(s) of the couple(s) ?

Endret av Ivar S. Ertesvåg
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Many thanks, Ivar. I thought the introduction indicated a married pair.

Still looking for more, yes. So J.G. Selnes was married less than 9 months before. If he is my relative he was born and raised at Selnes but may have moved away for a time. Younger son. He died before his mother's shift in 1805, leaving a daughter Ane Jensdr. So I need an early death for Elisabeth.

The J.G. who married Berit Rasmusdr. is well documented and according to the 1801 census, had a daughter Elisabeth born about 1785! Looking for another christening.

I am so confused..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider