Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Genealogy help for Samuel Arentz (b. 1818, Bergen)

Sheryll Poe
 Del

3 minutes ago, Egil Johannessen said:

In Bergenske Blade, Thursday, April 11, 1850 - LINK - I find this:

Passengers on Steamship "Prinds Carl" left (Bergen) 10. April.

To Stavanger: D. Arentz and daughter.

Perhaps he travelled to US with one of his daughters?

1850 D Arentz with daughter.jpg

Definitely a possibility, probably Birgitte Marie or Louise Petronelle (we know both of those daughters died in the U.S., so emigrated there at some point). Birgitte would have been about 28 y.o. in 1850, and Louise would have been about 24. 

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

7 minutes ago, Egil Johannessen said:

In Bergenske Blade, Thursday, April 11, 1850 - LINK - I find this:

Passengers on Steamship "Prinds Carl" left (Bergen) 10. April.

To Stavanger: D. Arentz and daughter.

Perhaps he travelled on from Stavanger to US with one of his daughters?

1850 D Arentz with daughter.jpg

Such excellent work, Egil Johannessen! At least the mystery of Didrich's travel is solved! Takk skal du ha!

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Skrevet (endret)
15 hours ago, Egil Johannessen said:

As stated previously by @Anne-Lise Hansen: You are not allowed access to The National Library digitized material without a Norwegian IP-address

This is true for some of the collection. The books and newspapers cited here, on the other hand, the Holberg genealogi and the Stavanger newspapers from 1840ies, are defined as «Tilgang for alle»/«Public domain», open to everyone also from abroad.

IMG_0227.jpeg.599ae801787f73042d20127bc6db0fbc.jpeg

Endret av Matthias Kolberg
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

5 hours ago, Matthias Kolberg said:

This is true for some of the collection. The books and newspapers cited here, on the other hand, the Holberg genealogi and the Stavanger newspapers from 1840ies, are defined as «Tilgang for alle»/«Public domain», open to everyone also from abroad.

IMG_0227.jpeg.599ae801787f73042d20127bc6db0fbc.jpeg

Yes, that is correct, I can access some of the books and newspapers without an Norwegian IP address. But I cannot read them because 1) I can't seem to increase the screen size for some reason, and 2) I do not speak Norwegian, so I am very grateful for all the help I have gotten on this forum! 

Other items, like the The Stavanger Civil Records, very clearly state they are for Norwegian IP addresses only. 

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Skrevet (endret)

Stavanger Amtstidende og Adresseavis, tirsdag 14. mai 1850 (Tuesday 14. May 1850)

D B Arentz announced (7. May 1850) he was leaving and wrote a recommendation for his successor - https://www.nb.no/items/d52036c6766625e5511f1f5b53a5065c?page=1&searchText="D B Arents"

1850 Ann. 1.jpg

1850 Ann. 2.jpg

Endret av Egil Johannessen
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider