Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Help with Marriage Record

Jay Hagfeldt
 Del

Hello,

Could someone help translate a marriage record from Grue sokn?

Here is the link: 

https://media.digitalarkivet.no/view/9154/204

It's record number 50.

I think it translate something like:

Ungkarl ?: Arne Olsen ? ? Aar gl.

Pige ?? Marthe Arnesdatter Holmen, 19 aar

Fathers: Ole Alfsen Godtland and ? Pedersen ?

Marriage date: 28 December 1819

Married at Grue kirke

thousand thanks.

Jay Hagfeldt

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ungkarl Gms: [gårdmannsønn] Arne Olsen Aas 21 Aar gl: | Pige Gmd [gårdmanndatter]  Marthe Arnes[?]datter Holmen 19 Aar | [not fathers but best men] Ole Alfsen Godtland og Christian Pedersen Rettet | 28 Decbr 1819 | Do |

Mvh

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Skrevet (endret)

thanks Even

The fact that Ole Alfsen Godtland and Christian Pedersen Retter are best men clears up some confusion on my part.

Do you think it possible that Ole Alfsen could also be the father of the groom?

Ole Alfsen has a son Arne Olsen, age 5,  on the 1801 Census on the Godtland farm.

But there is also an Ole Arnesen who has a son Arne Olsen, age 5, on the 1801 Census on the Godtland farm.

I just want to make sure I have the right Arne Olsen for this marriage record.

Jay

Endret av Jay Hagfeldt
incomplete sentence.
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

9 timer siden, Jay Hagfeldt skrev:

Do you think it possible that Ole Alfsen could also be the father of the groom?

I'm afraid it's impossible to say for sure, at least from this source.

Reg.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Arne Olsen Aas - Marriage 1819

Arne Olsen Aas - Confirmation 1813 (age 15)

Perhaps you should focus on Arne Olsen, born 1798, in Aas

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The plot thickens.

Arne Olsen of Aas, born in 1798, fits this marriage record better than the two Arne Olsens of Godtland born a couple years earlier.

But why would Ole Alfsen be one of the best men?  Arne Olsen of Aas was 21 at the time of his marriage.  Ole Alfsen would have been about 66 years old. 

I think, because of Ole Alfsen's age, he would have been related to Arne Olsen of Aas rather than a personal friend.  

At any rate, my focus is on Arne Olsen, son of Ole Alfsen, and this marriage record doesn't seem to be his.  

More research needed on my part....

thanks to all your help.

Jay

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Skrevet (endret)

Arne Olsen Aas, born 1798, parents were Ole Tostensen and Anne Arnesdatter. They resided at the Aasum (Aas) farm in Grue.

Endret av Richard Olsen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Sorry I haven't responded before now.  Watching my granddaughter and just got back from taking my wife to doctor's appointment.

I've started looking at births between 1819 and 1840, with the father being Arne Olsen.  Going to make a list of birthdates and the mother's name.  Hopefully will be able to determine if Arne Olsen of Aas? who supposedly married Marthe Arnesdatter and the Arne Olsen of Godtland who married Olia Arnesdatter are indeed two different families.

thanks for all your help Richard.

Jay

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

2 minutes ago, Jay Hagfeldt said:

are indeed two different families.

Confirmed -- they are different families

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

He was the son of Ole Alfsen and Ragnild Pedersdatter Sund.  Baptized 24 Jan 1796, living with his siblings Marthe Olsdatter and Ole Olsen on the Godtland farm in 1801.  That's about it right now.  I just started to trace his life and just finished trying to piece his brother Ole's family together.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Skrevet (endret)

In 1820, Arne Olsen Gotland bought a farm. It might have been the Nedre Oppasen Udelt.

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 13-49-59 Hof bygdebok. 1 Gards- og slektshistorie for Åsa og Nord-Jara.png

Endret av Richard Olsen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It would be so nice to have access to Bygdeboks.  Much easier to research with them.  They are not always 100% correct, but not too difficult to verify.  

This entry shows a daughter Olea Olsdatter born in 1781, which I don't have in my records.  

I've tried to get access to the online bygeboks at the national library in Oslo, but they are restricted to Norwegian citizens as far as I can tell.

These pages you provided will be very helpful to validate the work I've done so far on Ole Alfsen's family.

Thank you.

Jay

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Skrevet (endret)

translated info on Peter Henrik

Sergeant at Einarsrud Östre 1733

Peter Henrik was born about 1707. In probate after his father Johan Ludolf Calensky on 15 July 1723, his age is stated to be 16 years, and he lives with Ole Grinder in Grue. In 1762 householder at Snapa. The source of this information is an article by Erik Moeni Solør-Odal 1987 no. 2. Their son Johan Petersen Moen, Callensky g.m. Marthe Olsdatter Røine, again had an eldest son (tailor?) Ole Johansen (ca1762-1838) There were 2 Ole Johanseners. One baptized 25.07 1779, and one baptized 10.03 1765. These two have different mothers. In hof b.b. p. 539, the younger one is stated to be about 1762, writes Erik Moen

Peter-Henrich married Mari Nilsdatter, and they lived for a couple of years at Bårderud, but in 1734 he bought the farm Ingelsrud for 100 dalers, and moved there. Mari was only 24 years old. They had children Johan and Olea.

Peter-Henrich then married Marte Guttormsdatter, and they moved to Snapa. Peterstua at Snapa is named after Peter-Henrich. About Peter Henrik Johansen Kalensky (Norwegian)

Peterstua - named after Peter Henrik Callensky As we heard, Nils Bergersen owned half of Snapa in 1724 43. In 1738, he was about to have to leave the farm, because Peter-Henrik Callensky claimed the noble right to it. Whether it happened that he had any such right is unclear. Callensky and Nils Bergersen then entered into this agreement

Peter Callensky must, for the noble right he may have to the farm Snapa (Snabbe), use 1 barrel of land in the farm and clean up a couple of barrels of the uncultivated land. When he can provide 160 rd, which he was found to pay by judgment of 13/3 1738, Nils Bergersen Snapa shall be obliged to receive them and tidy up the farm for him within a year. This is then the recording of the home that was called Peterstua. Peter Callensky probably didn't manage to get the 160 dalers, because he stayed in Peterstun all the time. We've heard of him before.

Before he came to Snapa, he first bid on Bårderud and then on Ingelsrud. Just before he moved from Ingelsrud to Snapa, he was married a second time, to Marte Guttormsdtr Austre Einarsrud. He had many children with both his first and second wives. We have heard that the son Johan came to Moen (by Namnåa), the daughter Ragnhild was married to Ola Alvsen Gotland, the grandson Per Ivarsen came to Mellom, and the grandson Mikkel Kristiansen came to Holtmoen

In 1765, Peter Callensky handed over the mill and part of the freehold to his son Guttorm Petersen for 140 dalers. He was born in Peterstun in 1738 and was fifty years old. He and his wife, Berte, had two children, son Ola, who died aged nine, and daughter Marte. She married Kristoffer Nilsen ("Grue") who ran the mill for many years. After his time - he died in 1824 he died in 1824 there were various owners, until Amund Arnesen Snapa in the 60s bought Peterstua and put it under his farm. Source: Harald Hveberg: Grueboka. 2 2 : Gardene, Grue municipality, 1949, page 634, nb.no

Endret av Richard Olsen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks, Richard.

This translation would be much better than mine.  

I was surprised to find that I could access the link to www.nb.no.  I was able to download the pages about Peter-Henrik Calensky.  

Was this information from a bygdebok or was it from another book?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider