Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#103] Access to the Digital Archives

Gjest Valerie Reynolds (Lillian Koehler)
 Del

Gjest Valerie Reynolds (Lillian Koehler)

Jeg har blitt bedt om å legge denne meldingen inn for Valerie Reynolds (email: midget@vvm.com ) som har problemer med Digitalarkivet. Hilsen Lillian KoehlerI have been trying to access the Digital Archives site for some time now, but have been having difficulties in doing so. I can open the main site without any problems. However, when I try to open up the links for the census information, and links such as emigration, baptisms in Bergen, etc., I have one of two problems. 1)The link will connect and I can see the first page...but when I "click" on the buttons such as "next", "previous" or to "search".....a download window will pop up automatically. Depending on which part of the archives I am in, this download window will show the "file name" as "webcens" or "counts", etc. The program will download...but as soon as I try to open this downloaded file, I get another message that reads "This is not a valid WIN32 application". Also have seen messages that read "This is a 16-bit system". 2) The same download window, as described above, will pop up as soon as I "click" on to any of the links before the page is even shown. I also get the same messages as stated above. I am using Windows 98 and the Internet Explorer 5.0. This also happened when I was using the Internet Explorer 4. I have not had any problems accessing any other database or archives such as this site. I know that this site has alot to offer and I would like to be able to access it in order to search for my ancestors. Has anyone else experienced these problems? Anyone have any suggestions as to what can be done so that I can access this site? Any help and suggestions are very much appreciated. Thank you for your time, Valerie Reynolds

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anette Skogseth Clausen

We have had several persons with similar problems. It seems to be a more frequent problem for the Internet Explorer users than the Netscape users. Check whether you have a downloading program on your computer, this will automatically set in when it thinks you are downloading, like when clicking on the next and previous buttons. If one of the options in the dialog box of the download program is "send back to browser" or something similar, choose that option, close the dialog box and you should be able to continue searching in the Digital Archive.If you don't have that option, you should change the settings in the program. (I am sorry I am vague at this stage, but I don't have a downloading program on this computer and can't give you more guidelines on how to do that, perhaps some of our users with similar problem can?)If this doesn't solve your problem, I would in fact suggest that you try the Netscape browser, its free and downloadable, and with less problems than the Microsoft Internet Explorer.Best of luck!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.