Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#1100] 1900 Census

Gjest Jenshus
 Del

Sorry, I only speak and read English. How accurate are the translations of the 1900 Census to the web? I have found my g-grandfather (and I am certain it is him....his name, his wife's name, the Gardsnavn, and all of his children's names and birthdates are correct) however, his date of birth in the Census is WRONG!!. From photos and info I have about his brothers, he and his wife were approx the same age and I have confirmed her birth date as 1875. Census shows him born in 1854, however, he was not the firstborn. My g-uncle was and he was born in 1871. How does one find out what the correct date of his birth is.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ørjan Karlsen

The ages in the censuses is often erroneous, and shoul only be taken as approximations, even though they may be correct. You don't state where he is born, or name. If he is born in the northern part of Norway, the census of 1875 may help, though the correct date is easiest found from the church records.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Gustafson

Thank you for responding to me. His name was John Jenshus, in the 1900 census he shows as living at Tranapl. and his birthplace was Beitstad. I am trying to get the parish records for Beitstad from the Mormon church here in Canada but it must be a popular area for genealogy cause I'm on a 6 month waiting list. Thanks for clearing it up that the birthdates are sometimes wrong.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sissil Bruun Sørensen

Source: Beitstadboka IIIJohn August Mortinussen Jenshus, born 31.05.1876. Parents: Mortinus Andreassen, born 1846 in Verdal and Karen Marta Sivertsdatter Jenshus, born 19.02.1851, Jenshus, Beitstad.Karen Martas parents: Sivert Kristian Karlsen Jenshus, born 09.05.1818, Jenshus, Beitstad and Anne Marta Paulsdatter, born 1814 in Hopstad, Roan.If this is the right person, I can give you some more information. Please send me a mail sisselbs@online.no

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.