Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#1946] What is familiestatus "d"?

Gjest Emily Wilson
 Del

Gjest Emily Wilson

Please - can anyone tell me what is meant by "d" for Familiestatus? I am looking at Caroline Gundersen in Holmestrand in 1865 Vestfold Census. Tusen Takk

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Emily Wilson

Thank you, Inger. In this family, one daughter is listed as "Deres Datter" - "Their Daughter", and the second is just "d" - "daughter". This leads me to wonder if she was the daughter of only one of the parents. Am I correct to wonder?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

When a married man had got a daughter from an earlier marriage, this daughter should be listed in the old censuses as "Hands datter", "Mandens datter" or something like that. A daughter of his wife should be listed as "Hendes datter", "Konens datter" or something like that. Not just d.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi T.Slettemoen

I looked at the census you were referring to, and I believe you are right!Caroline seems to be the mothers daughter from either her first marriage or before she was married to Ingebret.Carolines last name Gundersen is a patronym for her fathers first name, Gunder. As you see, the daughter Ingebret and Sophie had together, Tomine, bears her father Ingebrets name as a patronym.The last pointer that Caroline is the Sophies daughter, is that the next child in the family, Johan Olauvs. was a child the family just looked after or were guardians of (pleie-søn). If Caroline wasn`t realted, she would be listed after the boy.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.