Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#2473] Anders Christian Christensen & Marie Christensen

Gjest Russell Burr
 Del

Gjest Russell Burr

I am looking for any information on my Great Grandparents. They lived near Årnes, Sør Odal prior to leaving. They sailed from Christiania to London on the steamer called the "North Star". Departing on October 5th 1870. From London they sailed to New Zealand on the sailing ship "Celaeno" arriving on the 5th February 1871. Our family has little information prior to their departure from Norway. Anders occupation was a miller and Marie was a housewife with one child. Contact e-mail russellburr10@hotmail.comThankyou Russell burr 60 Hillcrest Drive Palmerston North New Zealand 26.10.99

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

The names you give don't match to 100%, but in the emigration records for Kristiania for 1870, you'll find one Anders Hansen (33)(born 1833?), wife Marthe Pedersdatter (22)(born 1844?) and children Hans (4) and Dina (1), all headed for Wellington, NZ. The "North Star" left Kristiania Oct.6, 1870. (The Id#s for those four are 2127A-D). I tried to find Anders and Marthe in the 1865 census, but there were too many with the same names to choose from.Hope this brings you a bit forward. Good luck!Kjell H

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

I discovered that I got the assumed years of birth wrong (I was thinking "census of 1865"). 1837 for Anders and 1848 for Marthe is probably a better assumption, which means they're 29 and 18 (plus/minus), resp. in the 1865 census.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

I felt a bit uneasy after the less than 100% match in my first search; so I searched once more with a slightly different approach.....Your great grandparents (most likely), registered as Kristian Kristensen (33) and Marie Nilsdatter (30) + daughter Mathea (2) are found in the same emigration record. (1870, "North Star", Id#s 2128A, 2128B and 2128C). (Think I got it right this time). Once again, good luck!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.