Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5252] Matthew Olson

Gjest Robert W. Olson
 Del

Gjest Robert W. Olson

My Great Grandfather, Matthew Olson, married Anna Thompson, both natives of Norway in Gardner, Ill. USA on Jun 11,1877. I have no knowledge prior to that that is solid. However,on June 11, 1973, my father, Edgar L. Olson received a bequest from the estate of Mads Nerheim, apparently from Stord. I assume this because it was paid by the Stord Sparebank, 5401 Stord, Norway. Any other information in this regard would be appreciated Please E-mail to rwomd@aol.com

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

Even if the information is not solid, it would be useful if you have birthyears or emigrationyears for the pair of them, or if you have any documents with Norweigan names, as Matthew probably is the name your ggrandfather took in the US, and Thompson also is an Anglification...You will find Nerheim (Nereim) farm under Fjelberg municipality (1213) in Hordaland.There was a Mads Ols. (Mads would easily be Anglified to Matthew) at the larger (store - lille = little/smaller) Nerheim farm in 1865. He was then 12 years old, and since he wasn`t the eldest son and the heir, he may well have had to emigrate to seek fortune...His parents were: Ole Rasmussen and Brandlo Madsdatter, 39 and 38 years old in 1865.Check out this link: Lenke might take you one step further... Good luck!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.