Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#7097] Passengers to Norway 1895 - 1930

Gjest John Knudsen
 Del

Gjest John Knudsen

Where can I access records of passengers arriving in Norway 1890 - 1920?I am searching for passenger manifests listing family members who travelled between the U.S. and Norway between 1895 - 1913. While I've been able to locate ample records of their emigration to the U.S., I've found none for return trips to Norway. I am currently searching for two specific manifests:The first manifest would list my great-grandmother Marie Sofie Knudsen travelling with her children (Karl, Adolf, Nicolai, Anny, Hans) from New York to Norway (Kristiansand?) sometime between 1895 - 1900.The second manifest would list my grandmother Amalia Thorsen Knudsen and her infant children (Evelyn, John) enroute to Norway (presumably Bergen) sometime between 1912-13.Marie Knudsen and her eldest children first appeared in the Digitalarkivet as April 1891 emigrants (#'s 20218-20222) sailing from Kristiansand to New York on Thingvalla. They were later enumerated in the 1900 Norwegian census (#'s 2457-2463) at 0922 Hisø (Sandvigen).Amalia Knudsen and her children appear in the Digitalarkivet as May 1914 emigrants (#'s 79629-79631) sailing from Kristiansand to New York on Kristianafjord. The U.S. National Archives record their arrival in New York June 1, 1914 .Thanks for your assistance,John Knudsen knudsenje@worldnet.att.net

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Myhre

Hello John, as far as I know, there is no records for people traveling into Norway that time. We can, however see when people left Norway again after a visit because their homestead are noted as America or a place over there. Hans Myhre

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torun S. Soknes

I'm afraid you'll have to wait until the Census of 1910 is made available to the public, which won't happen until 2010.The Census of 1910 had a special form to be filled out by Norwegians that had returned from America. Here, they were to list five things:1)when they first emigrated to America 2)when they returned to Norway 3)from where in Norway they emigrated 4)where in America they last lived 5)the type of job they had in AmericaSo there's nothing else to do than be patient...Regards, Torun S.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest John Knudsen

Torun;Thanks for the good news/bad news. I'll add that to my waiting list. Right now I'm waiting for the 1930 US Census to find some of other family members who dropped out of sight here.Best, JK

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.