Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#7234] How do I locate current relatives in Ørskog?

Gjest Ann Weber
 Del

I've traced my great-grandmother, Oline Knudsdatter, back to the Klok farm near Ørskog. Now I'm not sure what to do next. How can I locate relatives still living in the area? Thanks for the help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ann, I would contact Marilyn Sjostrom at mesjostrom@aol.com. She is the genealogist for the More og Romsdal bygdelag. She lives in Wisconsin. She would very likely have some clues for you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Lyshol

Nowadays, the family name of the people from that farm is spelled Klock or Klokk, and there are 146 people with that surname in the online phonebook for Møre og Romsdal county. The likelihood that you're related to most of them is pretty big.Only one of them today lives in Ørskog - a man named Paul, listed as "sjåfør" - either a truck driver or a taxi driver.Norwegians are usually understanding about genealogists - if you want me to, I could phone him and ask.What, exactly, would you like to know?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hanne Heen

Hello I live in Ålesund close to Ørskog, I will go to the library on saturday and look up some information for you. Then I can try to locate the relatives living today. I have family at the Klokk farm myself, but I haven't looked for "your" name in my database yet. I will do it soon. I will be back on Saturday night. Best wishes from Hanne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I guess I'm looking for people that knew of Oline and her parents, Knud Bendiksen and Karen Johannesdatter Espehjelle, and siblings, Johanna, Berte, Bendik, and Karl. I would like to know if the Klok farm or their home is still there. I appreciate all the assistance!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hanne Heen

Hello again Well now I have the book for Sykkylven, and the farm Klokk. Under Klokk it wase many small plasces, and under one place called "Bendikgarden" I find Knut Bendiksen Klokk, born 1833, died 1915. married first time in 1854 with Karen Johannesdatter Espehjelle, born 1823, died 1872. they had 5 children : 1. Johanne Birgitte, born 1854, she got married in 1880 with Severin Berntsen Klokk, born 1853. They settled down on a place called Myreplass II, om the farm Løset S. 2. Berte Petrine,born 1856, got married 1884 with Peter Johannessen Vaksvik, born 1851. 3. Karen Oline, born 1860, confirmed in 1874., 4. Pettr Bendik Tomas,born 1864, he goes on living at thee Bendik garden after his parents., 5. Karl Johan, born 1867, died 1938, married first time in 1904 with Olave Petersdatter Jordskar, born 1865, married 2, time 1908 with Johanne Petersdatter Viset, born 1868. It's also mentioned that Karen Oline used the name Oline. Then I try to follow them futher, but that is not easy. Nr. 1. Johane got marrid to Severin, they got 9. children, and changed their last name to Løset. 1. Karn Olave, born 1876. She moved to Wisconsin in 1897. Got married and stayed long in Tacoma, Washington. 2. Peter Elias, born 1878, died 10 weeks old. 3. Berte Oline, born 1883, got Married to Ole Roald. Was living on Vigra a island outside of Ålesund. 4. Petrine Karoline,born 1885,moved to USA in 1912, got married and lived in Tacoma. 5. Ingebrog Marie, born 1887, died about 1918, married to Peder P. Havnøy, from Valderøy, also an island outside of Ålesund. They lived there. 6. Elen Petrine, born 1889. She wasn't married, and worked at Langevåg factories. 7. Anna Sofie, born 1891, married to Mr. Misfjord from Vestnes, also in Møre and Romsdal. They lived at Vestnes and in Molde. 8. Johanna Marie, born 1893, got married to Ole B. Blindheim, from Vigra, they lived there. 9. Elisa Josefine (Lisa), born 1895. she never married, worked at a factory in Langevåg. Severin moved from the place in 1916, and lived with one of his daughters. He died at the age og 93 years. Berte Petrine, born 1856 I will try to find out more about later. Petter Bendik Tomas,born 1864 got married to Ane Petrine Olivie Andreasdatter Busengdal, born 1868 (some places she is mentioned with another last name). They got 3 children : 1. Karen Olave Petrine, born 1891, died in 1908. 2. Knut Andreas, born 1895, married 1939 with Ragnhild Kvien, born 1906 in Vang, Valdres. He become a headmaster and lived in Oslo.He died in 1978. 3. Peter Bernhard, born 1898, worked in Ålesund. The father Peter Bendik didn't manage to stay on the farm. He sold in 1898. The two boys didn't grow up together, but lived with other relatives. nr. 5. Karl Johan, born 1867 I will try to find some more about. Well now we can hope that someone knows some of this names and take contact with you. This is what I have so far. Good luck, and Marry Christmas to you. Best wishes from Hanne Heen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks for all the great information! I read some of this in the Sykkylven bygdebok, but was not able to translate all of it. I only understand a little norsk.Are you related to this Klokk family? Thanks again. Merry Christmas!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.