Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#7258] Høvik Glassverk, Employee Records?

Gjest Dave Johnson
 Del

Gjest Dave Johnson

I am looking for a source for employee records for Høvik Glassverk. My great-grandmother (Emma Pederson) worked there from at least 1874 to 1879 when she emigrated to America. Emma was born in Sweden and came to Bærum, Norway where she worked at Høvik Glassverk. What I am looking for is information as to where she came from in Sweden. Any other ideas as where to find this information? Immigration records that I have found list place of birth only as Sweden. Thanks, Dave

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Harald Jonson

Hi!The Cencus for 1875 is (partially) online and I am quite sure I found your Emma at: Lenke should be on one line...)According to this she is from Värmland (in Sweden) and is married to Erland Frantsen.Hope this helps!Regards,Per Harald

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Magne Godberg

Hi, you will find Emma and Erland married 27 Mar 1874 in Asker, Akesshus, Noway (familysearch) I don't know anything about these people, but you can find them married at the indicated site. Best of luck!Best regards Magne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here are some other Swedes working at Høvik Glassverk in 1875: Karl Aksel Karlssen, born Värmland 1824. Gustaf Adolf Karlssen, born Värmland 1854 (son of nr. 1) Alfred Julius Karlssen, born Västergötland 1859 (son of nr. 1) Johan Larssen, born Värmland 1843 Evald Larssen, born Värmland 1867 (son of nr. 4) Gustaf Svensson, born Värmland 1840 Ivar Kalling, born Småland 1858 John Larssen, born Småland 1831 August Larssen, born Värmland 1855 (son of nr. 8) Anna Marie Larsson, born Värmland 1859 (daughter of nr. 8) Anders Petter Anderssen, born Värmland 1840 Johan Gustaf Anderssen, born Värmland 1862 (son of nr. 11) Albert Johan Karlssen, born Västergötland 1851 Anders Nilssen, born Värmland 1833 Johan Aksel Frithjof Nilssen, born Småland 1857 (son of nr. 14) Gustaf Emil Nilssen, born Västergötland 1861 (son of nr. 14) Johan Vilhelm Bodin, born Värmland 1855 (half brother of nr. 14) Albert Vassberg, born Småland 1844 Fredrik Leopold Vensell, born Värmland 1842 Karl Aksel Karlsson, born Västergötland 1846 Lars Anderson, born Västergötland 1847 Gustaf Reis, born Värmland 1841 Alfred Reis, born Värmland 1861 (son of nr. 22) Johan Vilhelm Reis, born Värmland (son of nr. 22) Johan Vilhelm Reis, born Värmland 1863 Johan Ögren, born Nora sogn, Norrland 1842 Johan Danielsen, born Värmland 1858 Nils Göran Thorstenssen, born Värmland 1835 Melcher Valdemar Thorstenssen, born Värmland 1862 (son of nr. 28) Fredrik Theodor Thorstenssen, born Värmland 1825 Gustaf Adolf Thorstenssen, born Småland 1850 (son of nr. 30) Johan Olsen, born Värmland 1838 Anders Larssen, born Sverige 1834

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

In the digitized church book for Asker at Digitalarkivet (Erland's and Emma's wedding) Emma is recorded as born in Huse?? in Sweden. Perhaps an inspection of the church book with clear eyes can tell where in Värmland she was born?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dave Johnson

Thanks to all who have responded. I did find Emma and Erland in the 1875 census now. Also I have viewed the microfilm of the church book which contains their marriage record. It is very hard to read. No wonder digitalarkivet has ?? in the parish name. I do have a copy of the marriage record here, and could e-mail it to anyone who wants to try to interpret it. I do have one new lead to track down Emma. Her obituary says she was born in Huri Socken, Värmland, Sweden. I have found no such place as Huri. Recently I learned that there was a place known as Hurud, which is now Högerud. I will be checking this out.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.