Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#7275] Tønsberg, Agnes Nielsen

Gjest Jorunn Lindzen
 Del

Gjest Jorunn Lindzen

My Great Grandmother, Agnes Nielsen was born in Tønsberg in 1857. Her second name may be Vilhelmine. She was married to Johan Mauritz Jakobsen 9/2/1879 and they lived on Veierland in Stokke until their death, hers unknown, his c.1945. I cannot seem to find any other information on Agnes and her family. I would appreciate any help with this. Thankyou, Jorunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ketil Firing Hanssen

You will find Agnes Nielsen in the 1900 census for Tjøme, Vestfold.She might be identical to Agnæs Nielsen, b. 1855 in Tønsberg, in the 1865 census for Tønsberg, Vestfold.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jorunn Lindzen

Thankyou. I have wondered in the past if Agnæs of 1855 is the same one. It is possible that there is an error in the year there. All other data consistently give 1857 as the year. If I could just find something in between to prove who one of her parents or siblings were, I would have something to go on. It seems she and Mauritz lived for a time in Kristiania just around the time of their first child, then to Tjøme and later to Veierland. His house still stands and Mauritz and Agnes are buried in the graveyard on Veierland.Best regards,Jorunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jorunn Lindzen

I have discovered that, in fact, this is one and the same Agnes. I traced the 1955 Agnæs siblings and found one of Agnes' daughters, Emilie (Emmy) staying with the family in 1900. This makes sense because after Emmy was widowed many years later, her Aunt Petra helped to look after Emmy and her 3 sons, so it seems they were close from Emmy's childhood. Thankyou for your help. Jorunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.