Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#7616] Marthe Oline Christiansdr, Rygge, Østfold, b.ca 18

Gjest Pearl Danroth
 Del

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Marthe Oline Christiansdatter (b. ca 1830) married Andreas Johnson(V/Westby)on January 31, 1853 at Oslo Domkirke. Marthe was from Rygge, Østfold and 23½ years old when she married Andreas. Only her father’s name, Christian (no surname) was recorded on the marriage record. Marthe and Andreas had 3 children, Carl Andreas, Nicoline, and Hilda Marie. They lived at Rødfyldgade 29, Oslo in Jan 1861 when their last child was baptized. Marthe died in 1864 or 65. Any information about her parents, her birth date or death date would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Pearl

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Thanks Berit, Your information is a big help. Would the death date be Jan 2, 1864 or Feb 1st, 1864?My dictionary gives the meaning of "tære" to be consumption. Is that the right translation for "tæring"? If so, then I presume Marthe died from consumption or what we now call tuberculosis? PD

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

In Rygge ,1825-33, I could only find:born 2.Nov. 1828 Oline Christiansd. bapt.9/11 1828. Parents husmann Christian Guldbrandsen Saastad and Xsti Hansdt."Konfirmert" 27/10 1844 Oline Christiansdt. b. 2/11 1828 Saastad, adress now Raadeskoven.Same parents. 1/2 = 1. February.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

I suppose there is a possibility that this is Marthe Oline, but why would she add Marthe to her name after she grew up? Was that a common thing to do?I have not seen the church records for Marthe Oline and Andreas's wedding. Their marriage record was found in - Oslo Domkirke Mini 20 Marriages 1848-1865 page 145 no. 12.I was told she was from Rygge, but I am not sure if that means she was born in Rygge or that she came from Rygge just prior to her marriage. Maybe someone who is familiar with these old records would know..... Thanks, Pearl

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ketil Firing Hanssen

Oline Christiansdt. b. 2/11 1828 might as well be the one found at "Udhavnen: Laurkullen med Rørvigstrand " in the 1865 census for Rygge. She is 38 years old (year of birth ~1828) and married to Kristian Ellingsen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Thanks Ketil for your help.I have found a Marte Oline Christiansen in LDSSearch. Of course, I don't know if she is the right one either.From LDSS - Marte Oline Christiansen, baptized on Nov 1st, 1829 at Vaaler, Ostfold. Father - Christian Knudtsen and Mother - Helle Handsd.First, I have to find out if Rygge was where Marthe Oline was born or not. If Rygge was her birth place, then the one found in LDSS, can not be her. Maybe someone who is familiar with the marriage records can help me determine if Rygge was where Marthe Oline was born. PD

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Håkon Christiansen

Hello again Pearl. I don't know if I can be at so much help here, Østfold not being an area which I know too well. But I am at odds understanding why Marthe Oline can't be the one you refer to in Vaaler ("If Rygge was her birth place, then the one found in LDSS, can not be her.") First I don't see anyone adding Marthe to her name Oline after baptizm. And Våler (present spelling) is not more than 20 kms to the north of (present day airbase) Rygge (Vansjø lake separating Rygge from Våler), the alternative would be Tomb church to the south (10 kms). (Correct me you who know Østfold better!) So in my eyes, Marthe Oline b 1829 sound like the best candidate yet.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Thanks again for your help, Per H.C! It's always helpful to know when one is going in the right direction or way off base. I have a good map site at www.maponweb (in English, too). So will take a look at Østfold. Thanks again, Pearl

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

IF Marte Oline b 1829 should happen to be the correct one, then it seems that you find four sisters on FamResearch: 1 Gunnild Maria bpt 25 aug 1816 in Skiptvedt (17 kms from Vaaler) (Parents: Christian Knud(t)sen and Helle MARIA Hansdatter); 2 Karen bpt 17 nov 1818 in Vaaler (same parents); 3. Maren bpt 7 oct 1821 in Vaaler (mother called Helle Hansdatter, but must (?) be the same; 4 Marte Oline bpt 1 nov 1829 in Vaaler.They are all called Christensen (but that has no significance, and FamRes always (wrongly) employ -sen-names, though very few families use -sen-names before 1900 (one of the few was the Stenersen family in Gausdal, which took -sen-names almost 200 years earlier. Their daughters were called Jomfru Stenersen.))

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Thanks Per Håkon, I tried to look up Christian Knudtsen and Helle in the 1801 and 1865 census in W(V)aaler, Østfold. Maybe with these other names, I can find them in 1865. Now, I just have to contect this Marte Oline to the one that married Andreas Johnsen Westbye in 1853. I'll keep working on it. PD

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Just one small detail here: Knudtsen is written with or without a 't'. The reason must be that the priest tried to follow the danish convention of spelling (Knud with a "soft" d), while people here actually said Knut (with a "hard" t), so he sometimes ended up with a compromise: Knudtsen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.