Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#7664] Information About Seaman from Bergen

Gjest Kenn Nordan
 Del

Gjest Kenn Nordan

My grandfather became a seaman at about 14 years old (1895 or so) in Bergen. He remained at sea with various ships until about 1911 when he left his ship in America. I am told that records can be found that can help me get more accurate dates, names of ships, etc. Can anyone give me guidance or help in this area. Mange Takk for hjelpen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

My grandfather's name is Olaf Olsen. He was born in Bergen on 9 Oct 1883. His parents names are Thomas Andreas Olsen and Helena Svidal Olsdatter. We were told he went to sea at 14 years of age. The family lived at Nygaardsgaden 37 in 1891 and may have resided at that adddress in 1897. I have pictures of him from the "Far East" and Mobile Alabama USA. He had 2 brothers in the merchant marine Thorvald and Harold Johan. Harold was lost while at sea Thorvald eventually came to the USA.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 uker senere...
Gjest Kenn Nordan

Laila. I was review my notes from the 1900 Bergen Telling and I found the following: Olaf Olsen Lived at FOSWINCKELGADE 41 and was listed as 'Matros med dampskib'. The birth date is wrong in this listing, but I know this is his because the rest of the family is listed above him. Takk for hjelpen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.