Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#7900] Kristi Larsdatter, Uvdal, Buskerud 1755-1803

Gjest Vidar Larsen
 Del

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Thanks to excellent but time consuming help from a reader of this forum. I have managed to trace a large number of my ancestors from Nore, Uvdal and Dagali districts. One problem does however persist. Widow Kristi Larsdatter is recorded in Nore-Uvdal bygdebok as marrying Widower Lars Pedersen on 18/7/1787 while he resided on Bakkejordet (also known as Skiftingsrud) in Uvdal. Kristi is recorded as having been previously married to Tov (Tor) Gulbrandsen and that she came from Bakke-eiet. My Norwegian contact has however been unable to find her under Bakke (with or without eiet). I would therefore be grateful to receive any information that anybody has on her. Her family number in the bygdebok was 4565. No information has been found on Tov.Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

4 books written by Kåre Sønsterud: Nore-Uvdal i forn og nye. You can find much more than I have found. The churchbooks for Rolloug/Rollag begin in 1708.Page 1283, fam.no. 5314 Tor Gulbrandsson Beltesbrekke bapt. 16/6 1754 - feb. 1785. Married 19. Oct. 1781 Kristi Larsdatter, living at Ro, b.ab. 1755 - 20/2 1803. Son Gulbrand Torsson Beltesbrekke bapt. 29/12 1781 - 21/2 1868, married 28/9 1811 Ragnhild Knutsdatter.Tor came to Haugen where he died ab. 30 y.old Feb. 1785. In 1786 Christi lived at a place under Tufto with her little son. ---Tor was son of Gulbrand Jensson b. at Søre Grønnflåta (page 1193) bapt. 4. June 1724-Dec. 1785 and married 21/12 1758 to Ingeborg Torsdatter(widow?) born at Kyllesdal and bapt. 28/9 1720-June 1792.Churchbook for Rolloug (Rollag) bap. new years day 1757 Christi, father Lars Bakkejord.Christi 2. married 18.July 1781 widower Lars Pedersen b.ab. 1762/63-20/5 1834. Lars had been married 14/6 1783 to Tønni Helliksdatter Imingen.Christi died in childbed in 1803, 48 y.old.(act. 46 y.old).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Thanks Berit. It looks as if you have found the start to this unravelling. I am a descendant of Lars and Kristi, and would be grateful if there is any information on Kristi's parents (and further back) I do not have access to bygdebøkene. I have bought some of kirkebøkene (microfiche copies), but are in places struggling with the old hand-writing. Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi again Berit. Did not spot your information on Krist (Christie)'s father Lars Bakkejord, before I had printed your information. Lars Pedersen, Christie's husband, was also known as Lars Bakkejordet. The obvious may have been overlooked by me, I may have some information on Christie's father amongst the information I got on Bakkejorder plass. Will check when I get home from work. Again many thanks Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi. Rechecked my information on Lars and Kristi. Nothing found in my few pages on Bakkejordet in bygdeboka. Rechecked the children's baptismal records in 1784-1800, and found several Larsen/datter and Lars Olsen from Bakke-eyet. Three frequently occurring names, Lars Olsen, Helge and Margit Larsdatters matching people living on Bakke at the time of 1801 census, with suitably matching ages. With the information on Kristi's baptism, ie that she was born on one of husmandsplassene under Bakke, it is likely that Lars Olsen Bakke-eyet was Kristi's father.I would therefore appreciate if any holder of bygdeboka could check for me if a Lars Olsen, born around 1730, (and family) is mentioned as living on one of the Husmandsplassene under Bakke.Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

I have been looking again for Christi, and found her mother was Groe Jermundsdatter/Gjermundsdatter. Christi is not mentioned in the books as their daughter. I have to see if this Christi died as child before I can be sure it is the right girl.Lars Olson b. 1729 Sandnæs in Nore, burried 23/1 1813, son of Ole Larsen Kvetan in Uvdal married 1728 Helga Olsdatter Sandnæs. Married 13.Oct. 1756 Lars Olson widover and soldier and Gro Gjermundsdatter Husebø chr.10/9 1730-20/2 1815, father Gjermun Gjermunson. In the books Lars and Gro`s first child is Sigrid chr. 9.Aug. 1758 Opdal Ederkleps/Eiterkleps farm. Next child is from Holden farm.Lars Olsen lived at Bakke nedre nr. 56/6. Try 1801 Bakke in Rolloug. He was 'skoleholder' a teacher?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Thanks again Berit. If the Christi you found in kirkeboka survived to adulthood, it is most likely our Christ, although it may be impossible to prove conclusively. There is, however, too much circumstantial evidence. In addition to the god-parents mentioned earlier one Knut Knudsen Holden was godfather to one of Lars and Christi's children in 1799. In 1801 census he was listed on Holden farm as husband of Sigrid Larsdatter who was born around 1760 (age given as 40). The name Gjermund also appears amongst the godfathers (Gjermund Larsen Lofstuen (in 1788) and Giermund Larsen Røe( in 1791)) (Ro, (Røe) farm again). In 1801 there was no Giermund Larsen on Lofstuen, but one 36 years old on Røe. I do not know how common this name was, but it is a possibility that he was a brother of Christi. There was also a 18-year old Ole Larsen on Halland Søndre farm as Tjenestedreng in 1801, who was godfather to one of Lars and Christi's children in 1799. Lars and Christi also appear to have adhered strongly to the traditional naming pattern, 1st girl named after Lars's 1st wife, 2nd after his mother, 3rd, Groe, after his mother-in-law (?). Similarly with boys, 1st after his father, 2nd after his father-in-law. A traditional family with very strong family ties?I did find Skoleholder Lars Olsen in the 1801 census, it was your information on Christi's christening that got me checking the obvious, was the family still living on Bakke(-eyet).Does a Gjermund born around 1766 get a mention in bygdeboka as son of Lars and Groe? Ole, born around 1784 is probably too young in 1801 to be Groe's son. Mvh Vidar and thanks again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Christi is not dead until 1766. One Christi Larsd. Lien 16 years konfirmert 1773. She was the only Christi at all. May be she worked at Lien.You are a lucky man. I looked for Gjermund and found in the churchbooks one who lived at Loftshus I belived, but the writing was a little difficult. There was no Gjermund at Lofthus. I gave up to find Gjermund and returned the books to the bookshelves. On the way back to may chair I suddenly thought not Lofthus but Lysthus is the name, and yes there he was. It is written very much about all the members I found. I can not translate it because it is too much, but it was a lot of interesting stories. It is all written i the books written by Loftshus.First of all the children of Lars and Gro: Sigrid 1758 Ederklep-1819, Helga 1760 Holden-1760, Ole 1761 Holden-1845, Gjermund 1764 Grytting-1830, Kari 1766 Karlsrud-1771, Helga 1769 Dokken-1849, a stillborn daugther 1771 Lien, Margit 1775 Brekke-1839 and Kari 1775 Brekke-1775. As you see they moved around.----Lysthus is a part of Karlshus. Karlsrud farm: Gjermund Gjermundsen b.ab. 1686-April 1768 1. married 23/10 1716 Gro Toresd. +bef. 1723. His 2.m. 15/10 1723 Sigrid (Siri) Gudmundsd. ab. 1699-April 1768. His children: Tore 1716, Anne 1719 and Ole 1724, Halvor 1727, Gro 10/9 1730-20/2 1815 m.13/10 1756 Lars Olsen Bakke eie, Gjermund 1733 and Vebjørn 1740 Dokken.I can not write down all your family members here. It is to many pages. If you will give me your E-mail I will mail you the rest of the family.Christi is still making me uneasy. I am not 100% sure.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Berit. Again many thanks. My e-mail address is v.f.larsen@strath.ac.uk. I agree that we cannot be 100% sure, but I think you found one more piece of 'evidence' to link them. Confirmation: Christ Larsdatter from Lien 1773. Burials: One Still-born daughter of Lars and Groe from Lien in 1771. The next child was born on Brekke in 1775. Will 'digest' the information tonight to see if more indirect evidence can be found in form of godparents. Also no need to translate into English, I read what I call folkeskole norsk. Therefore so long as you keep it simple, there should be no problem. Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Berit. Again many thanks. My e-mail address is v.f.larsen@strath.ac.uk. I agree that we cannot be 100% sure, but I think you found one more piece of 'evidence' to link them. Confirmation: Christ Larsdatter from Lien 1773. Burials: One Still-born daughter of Lars and Groe from Lien in 1771. The next child was born on Brekke in 1775. Will 'digest' the information tonight to se in more indirect evidence can be found in form of godparents. Also no need to translate into English, I read what I call folkeskole norsk. Therefore so long as you keep it simple, there should be no problem. Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.