Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#9470] Norwegian Ancestry

Gjest John Tillotson
 Del

Gjest John Tillotson

First my apologies for lack of Norwgian language and many thanks to those replying so helpfully to my enquiry 9446 regarding the Tillotson family name.I have done more research on the internet on your wonderful archive system which has yielded more information relevent to some of your remarks.My parents did tell me many years ago that the TILLOTSON name originated in Norway. I must accept this although there is no documentary evidence from UK records (Birth, Marriage or death). My parents are long deceased so cannot be questioned now I have this interest in genealogy.Your census information suggests a likely norwegian surname could have been TOLLEFSON which may have been changed to Tillotson, a known english surname, when my ancestor Isaac, a seaman and son of Philip, came to England and married in 1862. My reading of your 1801 census details suggest that both the names Isaac and philip were used in Norway at that time.Thanks again for your interest and assistance.Best wishes - John Tillotson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.