Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#9520] wrensted

Gjest Reina Pol
 Del

Gjest Reina Pol

I am looking for the name of the parents of Anne Lars Wrensted born around or in 1785 probably in Arendal. She can not be identified in the 1801 census in Norway. In 1812 she is married in Kristiansand to Edor Henrich Esius. At the time of the christening of her eldest son, Nicolai Henrich Edcius, in 1813 in Froland, she came from Oveland. Her daughter Carolina Margaretha was christened in 1815 or 1816 in Kragerö. Her second son is called Laurens Herman, born in the Netherlands, where Anne lived. In 1862 when she died she is called Wrengstedt.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

This is just a few of those listed with your familyname in Arendal, 1865.Notice the difference in the spelling of theire names: Daved Larsen_wrenstad, 62 years Anna Kirstine (Davidsdatter) Wrensted,33 years Jens Larsen_wrænsted, 65 Tomine Andrea Wernsted, 20 Lars Jensen_wærnsted, 17 years

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Reina Pol

Dear Nina, Thank you for reacting. Yes indeed, I have tried to have insight in those families who lived in Arendal in the 18th century. Anne Lars Wrensted is not a daughter of Daved Larsen wrenstad (+Catrine Marie Lund) and she is not a daughter of Jens Larsen wraensted (+Inger Marie Borge). Jens Larsen and Daved Larsen have been brothers and sons of Lars Jensen Wrensted and Anne Kirstine Davidsdr. Whenever Anne Lars Wrensted is the daughter of this Lars Jensen I suppose that he was an old man and married again with a younger woman. Of course I do not know what means 'Anne Lars' Does it means that her father was calles Lars? Reina Pol

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

I believe that 'Anne Lars' could mean both 'Anne Larsdatter' i.e. daughter of Lars, and 'Anne, the wife of Lars', so I suggest you take both possibilities into account. Good luck!.Hans.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Holte Rosenkilde

Wrensted is the name of a parish on the northern tip of Jutland. At that time people often moved across Skagerak, and, moving from Denmark to Norway they often added the name of their parish to their patronym. I would suggest checking the 1801 censuses for that area as well. And, there did exist a Wrensted family i Kristiansand at that time, which should be worth examining. What really puzzles me is the move inland, to Oveland. Could there be a connection to Frolands Verk?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Reina Pol

Dear Hans and Per and of course Nina, Thank you very much for being so helpful. Well Anne Lars has not been married before, when she married in 1812 to Edor Henrich Esius (he was born in Oldenburg, Germany!!). And at that time she was called Anne Lars Wrensted. So the possibility of 'Anne wife of Lars' can probably be ruled out. So I suppose that it is the name of her father. Very interesting your remark that people moved across Skagerak (what is that?)and moving from Denmark to Norway and added the name of their parish to their patronym. Does this mean also that not everyone with the familyname 'Wrensted etc' is from the same family? Where can I find the 1801 census for Denmark? In the Lokken archiv a certain Jens Jensen Wrensted was mentioned who died in 1776, married to Johanne Simonsdaughter and his brother was mentioned: Laurs Jensen Wrendsted 'boende i Arendal, Norge'. No ages are mentioned, this is a pity, because it is unknown now if this person Laurs Jensen Wrendsted is the same as this Lars Jensen Wrensted mentioned before married to Anne Kristine Davidsdr, married around 1736. Or he may be another 'Lars Jensen Wrendsted'? But it could have easily been that they moved a lot. And, I had to ask this first to Nina, the different spellings of this name Wrensted etc. what does it means exactly? The move inland: In 1813 the first son Nicolai Henrich is christened in Froland. At his christening one of the godparents is Mme Smith: Magdalena Marie Classen, the wife of Hans Smith, owner of the Frolands ironsworks as fas as I know. I have tried to research the relation between Anne and this family Smith, without any succes. Are godparents in Norway familymembers most of the time, of just people they know or work for? Yes the family Wrensted in Kristiansand: Soren Nielsen Wrenstad who married in 1792 to Cathrine Bonderup. I do not know where he comes from. May be also from Denmark? But later in time this family is somewhat easier to follow. Of course he could have been an older brother of Anne Lars? But than the supposition of the name 'Lars' as the father must be rejected? Difficult this Norwegian geneology!! Kind regards Reina Pol.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Holte Rosenkilde

This is beginning to make sense. I would assume Esius had some position within the ironworks industry, and that he by 1816 had moved Kragerø to work in one of the one of the works there. By now the total danish 1801 census is online, you may find it on this address: http://ddd.dda.dk/kiplink_en.htm. The Kristiansand family nmed Wrensted that I am aware of, is the family of Søren Nielsen that you already mentioned. It is related to the other Norwegian branch of the Rosenkilde family. I don't know if there is any Lars in that family, but there may well be. It came to Kristiansand from Hjørring in Denmark, and it had used the name for a couple of generations before moving to Norway - which means that you should look for both Anne Larsdatter born around 1785 in Wrensted parish and for Anne Wrensted in the whole county of Vendsyssel. Quite a task.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Arendals historie Jens Larsen Wrensted 1737-1822, 85 y., shipmaster and teacher in navigation. Lars Wrensted in 1740 member of body/funeral guild.Lassens samlinger: Here the first mentioned in Norway was: Peder Pedersen Wrensted from Jylland DK, in the service of Ellef Thomassen in Arendal. Engaged 15.Apr. 1711, married 23. Aug. Ingborg Sørensdatter Walle from Holl sogn, wet nurse?(breastfeeding) for the same people.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Reina Pol

Dear Per and Berit, Indeed, this makes sense! Never before it came to me that Esius could have been working in this industry of Froland. His profession was a kind of carpenter, cabinetmaker (schrijnwerker). This is a very plausible reason why they have moved all the time. This is really a new insight. Thank you for the Denmark 1801 census. It is very extensive. I will try to look there, the coming time. Of course it is a needle in a haystick, but who knows! What is the Vendsyssel? Also a county in Denmark? It seems also plausible to me that Anne Lars may be from the Wrensted-family in Kristiansand. She was married there, I suppose, as in my country, most of the time the bride marries in the place she lives? Do you know the name of the parents of Soren Nielsen? Interesting this Peder Pedersen Wrensted who married in 1711 to Ingeborg Sorensdr. Has there been more published about his children? There is one more family Wrensted left in Brevik. At the internet the history of Porsgrunn and surroundings has been published. Very interesting. Also thanks to a site of weddings and christenings in Brevik this person Christen (Andersson) Wrinstaed, Wrenstedt is quite easy to follow for a while in time. Could there be a relaionship between the Wrensted-family in Brevik and for example the Wrensted-family in Arendal and in Kristiansand? Kind regards and thanks for the answers. Reina Pol

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.