Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#13396] Jørgen Pedersen and Brita Rognalddotter -- Rønset, H yllestad, Sogn og Fjorden

Gjest Glenn Olander-Quamme
 Del

I am trying to determine the fate of Jørgen Pedersen and Brita Rognalddotter of Rønset (also spelled Rønnesæt and Rønsæter) farm in Hyllestad, Sogn og Fjorden. They married on 12 Jun 1884 at Hyllestad and had four children: Peder, born 1885; Inga Gurine, born 1887; Rognald, born 1889; and Kristen Alfred, born 1892. I could not find Jørgen or Brita in the 1900-telling. In that telling, the four children are living in four different households, and the two younger children are described as foster children (pleiedotter and pleiesøn). This suggests that Jørgen and Brita died before the 1900-telling. I searched the Fylkesarkivet i Sogn og Fjorden 'deaths' database but could not find an entry for either Jørgen or Brita. Any thoughts as to where I might find more information? Also, was there some type of epidemic that killed large numbers of people in Sogn og Fjorden during the 1890s?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sol. Høydalsvik Ulvestad

I think I have more information for you. This seems to bee persons that I have across during research into the family of my daugther in love. Give me your E.mail adress.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yes. You can use either upper case letters (GQUAMME@MSN.COM), lower case letters (gquamme@msn.com) or a mix of the two (GQuamme@MSN.com). But the spelling must be exact.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 år senere...
Gjest Gisle Hersvik

I just wonder if the Jørgen Pedersen mentioned here is the same as living at the Borsholm farm in 1900: LenkeIf that is the case then he is the same person that was married in 1838 to Johanne Jensdtr. Hatlem (1808-1884), and he died in 1906 (info from Hyllestad Bygdebok, but I have not written down anything about his second wife).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gisle Hersvik

No, wrong family.Jørgen Pedersson, farmer 1886-95, b. 1859 Rønset, went to USA after his farm was sold in 1895. As far as understood from the Bygdebok he took all the kids with him. He was married to Brita Rognaldsdtr. Ramsgrø (1863-?), she did not go to the US, but married at Gjølanger.Under Ramsgrø it is said she married again in 1905 with Johs. Abrahams. (Brendehaug, Holmedal).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.