Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#15281] Folketellinger i USA

Gjest Nina Stenvall
 Del

Gjest Roger Thauland

Perhaps everyone wonders why i don't hire a proofreader!!! ....can't afford that!! Otto is Hannah's? brother, of course, i think you meant Augusta?? The Ferm's live on 110th per the 1920 census. I cannot explain the spelling difference though; so here you go: write to William D. Ferm, Hinsdale, IL --see www.switchboard.com for the complete address; he is an older gentleman who may be related to Otto and his wife Ida. They married in Chicago 9-13-1889, and seem to have 'cornered' the baby market. Lots of them, see 1920 US census, page 4a, ed: 572, image 0653, Otto is 54 years of age. I've found many of them in ssdi--but this is YOUR (hehe) project, so please write or call him. Roger. ps, the census says Otto to US in 1887 from SWE, and NOR born Ida (nee Johnson), to US 1888. Became NAT-US, 1892. He was a carpenter.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Stenvall

Otto must be Augusta´s brother; she´s the one named Ferm/Fern. And thank you for the name of William! I´ll write to him. Perhaps he can tell if Anders/Andrew and Augusta had more than three children for example.. (Dora M Dahlgren, Albert S Dahlgren and Paul William Dahlgren). Now I have contact with descendants of Paul William Dahlgren.You ask me to try different things to find out more, but I really don´t know what to do!!! I´ve never done these things before, and I don´t have any US censuses..... I really do hope you will be able to give me a Swanson name and a Streit name as well. Now I´ll be away for a week if you wonder why I´m not answering during the next days. Nina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Stenvall

I´m still here... Can you follow my thinking for a moment?? Anders/Andrew first married Augusta Ferm. Perhaps she had a brother named Otto Ferm. Then Augusta dies, and we know Anders is marrying a second time - with Hanna Jensen from Norway. She says she´s going to her brother-in-law, Otto F...(?) when she emigrates. You can tell that Otto Ferm´s wife is Ida Johnson from Norway. Could she be Hanna´s sister??? (Johnson=Jensen?) I just ask - do you have the answer??? Nina PS I´m not leaving the house until the day after tomorrow..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
Gjest Roger Thauland

Can't say---but with all the living family i hope you locate someone who knows. Maybe Edward Johnson fits here--via death/divorce or just relocation to America! Some info: a possible Anna C/Augusta?(d 1904) wife of A.B., 6707 Yale, age 49; buried Oak Hill; so far the only one even close--what was Anders middle name, i wonder? About Anne S. Streit--from Chicago Trib obit: nee Thornlund, 10526 S. LaSalle St, March 7 1947, wife of Ray F. mother of Dorothy, Robert, Dolores, and the late Richard. Daughter of Hilma and late August, sister of Ruth/Esther/Edith Kelly/Edward Johnson. buried Holy Sepulchre---so try writing the cemetery. More in a few minutes, Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

From Otto's obit--Chicago Trib, May 17 1941: husband of Ida, nee Jensen; father of Joseph, Victor, Ever, Walter, Harold, Ellen, Alice, Theodore, Ruth and late Martha and James. buried Oak Hill. ( kids born 1890-1910--most of them in the birth index--i can lookup to learn, perhaps, more about Ida-her age and maybe place of birth). Otto was a self-employed carpenter; born(5-16-1865) to Joseph Ferm and Hannah Magnussen, both of SWE. Was living at 11659 Lowe in Chicago at passing. Found Harold, James, and Ever in the 1930 census--that William is the son of James-i believe- wrote to him?? Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Stenvall

Here we go again... Yes, I´ve written to William, but not had an answer so far. Once again I´ve problems with all the names.... Ferms and Johnsons and... And I can´t follow all the way where you get all the information!!About Anders - I´m sorry but I don´t know his middle name.It´s fantastic that you found Anne S. Streit! You suggest that I write the cemetery, but is it any more to get there?? (Could you in case give me the address??) Is it possible that she has descendants living now??And Anna Swanson - can you find some in her family living no as well??You mentioned earlier (nr 33 and 43) Augusta. Any news about her??Nina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Roger Thauland

The 33/43 are not her, none of the others are her in regards to the IL indexes that i've seen; only the 1904 in #54 is close enough to call possible. About August: he was at Chicago State Hospital for 4 days when he passed. Was in US 25 years, 7? months(hard to read). Husband of Hilma. Unknown birth date, about 64 years old. Born SWE to Mats Thornlund of Bleking or Blskong (really hard to make out); unknown mother, but same place name. buried 11-24-1928, Oak Hill, as we know. Any luck? Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Stenvall

I´ve nothing more to add so far - no letters from the persons I´ve written to, so I just wait...No more addresses for me to write to???Nina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 5 uker senere...
Gjest Nina Stenvall

I wait and wait.... Still no letters for me from the persons you gave me addresses to. What can I do to find the family you helped me with? Have you any news?? Nina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Well, i could look at my notes and the switchboard site; i do not have a subscription to the rootsweb 'living relative' resource---i think the Paul W Dalhgren of NY is the one you want...someone with access to that might provide his address...did you send an email address in your letters? ..if you can share an email address i can send the obits(6, i think) and some other document copies via email attachments...or i need a mailing address for you; Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Stenvall

Thanks for not having given me up..... YES, I did send my email address in my letters, and I´ve not heard anything yet... I would be very glad if you could share the obits. My email address is: ivar-k@online.no Nina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 5 uker senere...
Gjest Nina Stenvall

Thanks, Roger for all you sent me by mail!! I´m very very thankful for all the help you´ve given me so far!!! I still haven´t heard from those I´ve contacted, so I haven´t fulfilled this family....Did you ever get any obit for Augusta/Anna Fern, the wife of Anders/Andrew Dahlgren. She must have died before 1910, but I´m not sure about the one you found in (54).....Then to (48): Did you ever find the marriage of Anna and Oscar Swanson about 1906 in Cook County (or in Iowa???) I believe Anna died in 1959. Is it possible to find her??And to the Streit family in Chicago. Ann(a) Streit died in 1947. Can you find she and Ray F Streit in 1930 Census??And the mother, Lena Dahlgren, probably died in 1929. But where??? I think she lived with her daughter, Anna Swanson, in Klemme in Iowa, but I´m not sure..I should like to contact some of the descendants of Anna and Oscar Swanson, but don´t know how to find them..Nina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger  Thauland

Well, i've just have to get busy...hmm..did you write for Pullman info? ...i have done that, and learned that there was a Henry, lived with Andrew, d 10-10-1915, 24 years; i will look up the cert. I'll look at my file and the marr index for Anna..i think that year is in an easy to read format (printed) on the microfilm. Have you asked Iowa for Lena's cert? They might search for a fee..i've never looked into that state/county rules. You might try the Chicago Historical Society for the obit, and also there is a Swedish-American group in Chicago that might help search Swe.. sources. But the Pullman records just might mention her..both sons also worked there for a time; Andrew was laid-off in 1910. The Pullman records will be further searched in the coming weeks...and i can look in the 1930 next week....Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Roger Thauland

Well, Nina, it seems that only Paul lived; but i am still looking, the news is that Albert died Oct 10, 1914, age 20, while in San Diego, CA. At this point i have no further details..and no volunteer in CA to do a lookup. ..but in a little bit i will email the address of the son of Paul W, also a Paul W. He lives near Albany NY, i cannot claim its the right one(i think so) or that he will respond, we can only try and hope. Roger. ..Andrew lost 3 kids in 3 years..!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Some brief updates...Andrew/Augusta-- twins Henry and David born April 26, 1891 in Chicago. no info about David so far, Henry(of TB) d 10-10-1915, single. Albert d 10-10-1914, while in San Diego; both buried Mt. Greenwood; Augusta is not in that cemetery per the office. I will try for obits..and Dora, who d 1916. Amy was the wife of a different Andrew. All Augusta/Anna are wrong, so far. Could be she d 7-31-1908 while in Iowa, buried in Cook somewhere, but the cert for that is missing from lds film, will ask IRAD for their copy. Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Stenvall

Once again, Roger, thank you very much for all your help, and for what you´re sending me by mail. I suppose David must have died before 1910 -he wasn´t mentioned in the 1910-census..(20 and 21 on this WebSite). The obit of Ray Streit must be right... I found him in SSDI ; he died Feb 1984 and he was born 02 Mar 1896. In SSDI I also found a Dolores T Streit, born 03 Mar 1929 and died Jun 1994. Last residence was 33597 Webster, Sumter, FL. Could she be the youngest daughter? And I found a Robert A Streit, born 08 Jan 1928 and died 17 Aug 1997. Last residence was 50662 Oelwein, Fayette, IA. For both: Issued in Iowa. Nina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
Gjest Roger Thauland

It took just a little while for me to wise up about Augusta, found her! (ya, really) She died of TB as did the others...26 Nov 1900, living at 111th Place; born SWE, in IL 11 years; i did not notice her until this week--in the index as Dohlgren; not that tricky...but David was actually tricky; he died 4-30-1891, about 4 days; his spelling in an index is DALDGREA..so i have some little excuse there..Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Stenvall

You don´t need to excuse, Roger... It can´t be easy to find persons named Dahlgren when they are listed as Dohlgren or Daldgrea!!! Thanks a lot again! Nina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.