Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#15291] Helga Mathilde Jacobsen

Gjest Ron Gulbranson
 Del

Gjest Ron Gulbranson

Hi! Thank you for the response. I looked for these people and couldn't find them. Do you have any links?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir Kamsvaag Berntsen

The sources are the parish register which is the only source I use giving exact information. The possible mother was found in the 1865 Census, with the spelling I used. The address book of Kristiania is filmed as well.I find it rather meaningless to go further without any confirmation/information about the name of Julius and Helga's father.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 uker senere...
Gjest Ron Gulbranson

Hi Geir; Well, I finally got the marriage certs from ND. Unfortunately their is no Fathers name, or place of birth on it. It only lists their names and ages. There was no death certificate available. So, looks like I'm back to square one... I'm wondering, could you persue the lead a little more and see if you can find Helga in the family. In a years time I have never found a Julius F-----, of any kind. So, this sounds very promising. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kathy Bergan Schmidt

The marriage license is the government record. But was the marriage done in a church? Can you locate the church record? The information about the father's name and place of origin may very well be in those records.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Ron Gulbranson

Hit the proverbial blank wall again! Finally found the old church from 1897. However the records from 1896,97, and 98 are missing...Anybody have any ideas what I might try next? I can't help feeling that the info that Geir Berntsen found is best information yet. Is there someone who could persue this? I would very much appreciate it.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Thorstensen

I could be wrong , but in the 1865 Census for Kristiania in Toftesgt. 61 I found one Helga Jacobs. b. 1875 with parents Marius Jacobsen 1854 and wife Mathilde 1856, perhaps someone could take a closer look to see if this could be a candidate. Rune Thorstensen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Toftesg. is an abbrev. for Toftes gate (gate `= street). 61 is the number on the house in that street. (we put it after the street name, you put it in front)Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Hello! About the people Geir Kamsvaag found (MARKUS JACOBSEN and MALENE FINGALSEN):On family Search I also find their marriage: Anne Malene Fingarsdr. and Marcus Jacobsen Marriage 4. Nov.1866 Gronland Menighet, Oslo, Akershus, Norway.Helga Kallevik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Hello Ron, Grønland is a district east of the oldest section of Oslo. Here is a map website - just type in Norway, Grønland (or Gronland)and Oslo and you should be able to find it -http://mappoint.msn.com/I'm sure if Laila sees this, she will be able to give you better information and a direct link. Sorry, I don't know how to set up a direct link to the map page.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest Ron Gulbranson

Laila or Geir; I have exhausted my search for Marriage or death Certs in N. Dakota. The records for 3 years are missing. However I have another clue. In looking through some old Photo's yesterday at my sisters, I found an old photo of a man and a woman. On the back it says 'Uncle Marcus'. These were my mothers photos. As far as I know, there is no other 'Marcus' in the family. The info Geir found about Julius Frederik Jacobsen seems to fit more and more. Could you please search a little deeper into this family. Thank you so much..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Gulbranson

Trying to find 1875 cencus microfilm for Grønland Meneghet. It is listed in 'Krets' Districts. Does anyone know what the Grønland district of oslo might be?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ron, the 1875 census for Grønland is here, online. It just dont tell the number of the district. Take a look on the top. it say 1875... see? And, when you get in there, look for Oslo. Its there by your fingertips... Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Gulbranson

Laila! Thank you. However I have been online and cannot find any info on this family. As you know I have been searching for more that a year. My problem is I have been to LDS church. In order to search from their films, their list has the information listed in districts. There are about 6 or 8 (Don't remember for sure). These are all districts of Oslo. So my question is, are there district numbers or names in city of Oslo? Laila I am sure this is the family I'm looking for. I just don't have enough information. I'm trying everything I know to find them.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Problem migth be that they lived outside the Oslo/Kristiania citylimits in 1875. That census is not online yet. (AKER 1875)A lot of what is Oslo today was not a part of Oslo (Kristiania) in 1875. THe first expansion happened in 1879, and, if your folks lived on Galgeberg, (only 3-400 meters from where I live), they might as well have moved up here (away from Kristiania) than down there (towards Kristinia)Take a look here: http://www.lailas.net/lookup/kra_kart.jpg it is from Oslo Byleksikon (city encyclopedia). You can see the city expansions, the boarderline you see by 'Vålerenga', I will say is where Galgeberg is located.(the map will be deletet in a few days) Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Gulbranson

Thank you Laila for the help. The map gives me a lot more visual info about the city. Again you have provided me with very important info. I'm just taking 1 step at a time. Unfortunately I'm getting old and so is my family. My family book is complete except for my Grandmother. I'm afraid I will have to complete the book without her. I just don't know where to go from here. I've learned a lot in the last 2 years, thanks to you most of all, as well as others. I will keep searching, of course. Thanks again Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Ron Gulbranson

Hi Laila! Well finally got the film from LDS. I have now verified Helge Mathilde Jacobsen's parents. Markus Jacobsen, and Anne Malene Fingalsen. She was boern in Grønland Meneghet church and lived in Galgberg. Born 19 July, 1874. I have a copy of the church records. It is very hard for me to read witnesses. One is Ole Ingebrethsen, but i can't read the other 3. I'm so happy to be able to verify the parents. Maybe now we can persue it a bit more and find the family. I did find the brother Julius F. Looking forward to hearing from you. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Thorstensen

According to FamilySearch , Vital Records Index Marcus and Anne married as mentioned before 04.11.1866.Annes father was Fingal/r Kittelsen and the father of Marcus - Jacob Hansen.She was 31 and he 21 years old at the time of marriage. Rune Thorstensen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Ron! I wonder....Since The family lived on Galgeberg, this is very close to 'my' part of town, namely Vålerenga. And what do I find in the census 1865 other than Markus Jacobsen? Take a look here yourself, they are are the last household on the site: LenkeLaila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.