Gå til innhold
Arkivverket
Gjest thelma knight

[#16851] nodshilder

Gjest thelma knight

where in norway would the name nodshilder come from so i would know where to search. thank you

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider
Gjest Astrid Ryen

At Fam. Search (Vital Records) I found a Mons Hermandsen Nodshilder born 2/8 - 1819 in Sund, Hordaland (in the Bergen area). Parents: Herman Nodshilder and Sigvor,I also found Hans Nødshilder (from Sund) emigrating from Bergen. Lenke

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider
Gjest Astrid Ryen

In the 1865 census (Sund, Hordaland) there are three farms by the name of Nøsthilder. At one of these farms you apparently find the Hans Hansen who emigrated:LenkeIn the 1801 census the farm name is spelt Nødsziller.

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider
Gjest Astrid Ryen

There is another 'Nodshilder' emigrating from Bergen:LenkeSamson Hansen N. leaving Bergen 1892, married, born 1842 in Sund, American citizen.Hans Hansen N. (mentioned above) emigrating 1879, not married, born 1860 in Sund, ticket prepaid in the US (maybe by family??)Nothing is said about destination.

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider
Gjest Astrid Ryen

Samson and Hans may have been halfbrothers. According to Fam. S. (extracted christening records)Samson Hansen was christened on Oct. 10 1842 in Sund, Hordaland - parents Hans Johannessen and Susanna Rasmusdatter.One question remains to be answered: Are these the people you are looking for or in any way related to the ones you mention in 16508?

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider
Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

Astrid is right, Samson b. 1842 and Hans b. 1859 were half brothers, according to the local historybook for Austevoll 'Bygdebok for Austevoll, vol. 2, Austevoll sokn'. They were both sons of Hans Johannesen Naustheller (1799-1867) who was first married to Anne Rasmusdtr. Husevik b. 1806 in 1828, and then in 1850 to Malene Johannesdtr. Haugland.The bygdebok states that Samson left for the US in 1866, with his 'whole' brother Johannes b. 1830 (married to Cecilie Pedersdtr. Nordeide). Siblings Rasmus b. 1835 (married Gjertrud Heimark), Marthe b. 1838 (married to methodist preacher Christen Haukefer) and Helga b. 1845 (married to Lars Pedersen Nordeide) also emigrated.As for Hans, who had three 'whole' sisters - the book states that he left 1879, married Anne Berg (1868-1947) and that Hans was a preacher.You also have these emigrations from Naustheller (Nødshilder is old spelling), according to the book:* Anders Johannesen Naustheller/Brekke b. 1805* Mons Johannesen Naustheller b. 1801 m. Karen Tomasdtr. Brekke b. 1808, emigrated 1868 to Iowa, with children Johannes, Thomas, Hans, Mons, Marthe maybe also Ole and Peder.If any of these are yours - we can be of further assistance. More info will help us help you!

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider

Just now saw the reference to theme 16508, and seems the people you are looking for are referred to in the book as:Johannes Hansen Naustheller b. 1830, lived at Nordeide before travelling to the US in 1866. Married to Cecilie Pedersdtr. Nordeide b. 1843, son Hans mentioned.Johannes` father Hans is the brother of the above mentioned Anders b. 1805 who also emigrated.They are both sons of Johannes Hansen Nødshiller (1768-1825) and Marthe Monsdtr. Sandvigen (1774-1853) who were married in 1799. Siblings in this family were: Hans 1799, Mons 1801, Marthe 1803, Anders 1805, Gjertrud 1807, Marthe 1809, Ole 1812-1835, Johannes 1815-94 and Michel 1818.Johannes Hansen Nødshiller b. 1768 is the son of Hans Johannesen Hufthammer (1731-86) who moved to Naustheller. He was married to Marthe Michelsdtr. Skaar (1744-1802) who was born at Naustheller. Their children were Gjertrud 1763, Johannes 1765 (died young), Johannes 1768-1825, Michel 1770-1790,. Niels 1774-1856, Hans 1778-1834, Peder 1780, Lars 1783-1808.Marthe Michelsdtr. Skaar b. 1744 was the daughter of Michel Larsen Skaar, Naustheller (1711-1768) and Gjertrud Pedersdtr. Naustheller (1711-1793).

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider

Here are Johannes and Cecilie in the 1865-census: LenkeThey were living with Cecilies parents Peder Pedersen Tufteland from Fitjar b. abt 1820 who married Oline Paulsdtr. Haukenes from Austevoll in 1842. Oline was born 1812. Cecilies siblings were Gjertrud b. 1846, Peder and Paul b. 1849, Christi b. 1850 and Margrehte b. 1853.Peder Pedersen was the son of Peder Bergesen. Peder was 22 years old when he married Oline on 02 OCT 1842, Oline was then 29. Her father was Paul Halversen.Paul Halvorsen lived at Kolbenshavn/Haukanes. He was born abt 1755, died 1834-36. He was the son og Halvor, who was married to Margrethe Jansdtr. Bruus (1725-1804) from Stavanger. Paul was first married to Oline Knutsdtr. Strand (1744-1807) and then to Giertrud Thomasdtr. (1766-1835). The book says Paul was a skipper from Rot(t) by Stavanger, that he sold beer and owned som land in Kolbenshavn. He also went by the lastname Kvale.

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider
Gjest thelma knight

yes that is the same one in 16508 but i maybe wrong on where born

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider

Why is it you think Hans was born in Røyken? It is not impossible, off course, his parents may have travelled through there or stayed there awhile on their way to the US. Even though Røyken is quite a ways from Sund and Austevoll parishes south of Bergen - they may have wanted to leave from the port of Oslo.The dates given in censuses from Lisbon, MN(according to the 16508 theme) seem to be a perfect match for the couple found in the local historybook - given above.

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider
Gjest Astrid Ryen

These are the Nodchilders from Minnesota Death Index:LenkeSome of these people died in Yellow Medicine, and Johannes and Ceclia (see 16508) lived there in 1900. Are they any of your family?There are no Nodshilders in the US 1880 census but they may have adopted this name later? Nor did I find any Johannes / John Hansson with a wife Cecilia. What I did find was a Samson Hansson, farmer, 37, and wife Susanna who lived in Strong Run, Yellow Medicine, MINN (maybe John's half brother?)

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider
Gjest thelma knight

thanks for all the information on johannes in sund, hordaland is mine. thanks to astrid,knut and heidi. i do not connect with the hans born in royken which i had found on family search. now i found the right one on family search and while check the area out on digitalarkivet. thanks for all your help i really got back on my family.

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider

The Hans b. 1865 at L Kalsoy Austevoll found at Familysearch is not the right one! Parents are Johannes and Cecilie, but not the same people. But you may have found another?Was he born 1866? In Norway or the US?

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider
Gjest thelma knight

yes i found that was wrong my hans's parents are johannes hanson [parents hans johannes born 1799 and anne rasmusdatter} and cecilia pedersdatter[parents peder pederson and oline paulsdatter] in sund,hordaland thank you

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.