Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17135] Looking for Marriage/Birth records for Anne Pedersdr. /Peder Gunders. Ringebu

Gjest Jan Docka
 Del

I have been searching the records for Ringebu parish, Oppland and believe I have found my line. But I am looking for a marriage record for Anne Pedersd. and Peder Gunders., before 1823 and am having no luck in Digitalarkiv. It looks like these two married and had three children, Gunder (b. 1823), Peder (b. 1827) and Kari (b. 1840). I used Family Search and got a record of marriage in 1822 between Peder Gunders. and Anne Pedersd. in Sor Fron, Oppland but do not know the geography well enough to know if this is reasonable. Family Search did not uncover a birth record from Sor Fron.Thank you for any help.Jan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank-you Heidi. I have found Sør Fron on the map and now have two 'possibles' from the 1801 census.Are you referring to the town of Dokka in Nordre Land? If so, that would be logical, but it appears that all the entries for Peder Gunderson refer to Voldberget/Randsklev or Randsklevdokken or just Dokken and I think that is from where the name change came.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

That Lars shows up in the 1875 census as being in Dokken Hagedokken and the son of Peder Iversen Dokken. It would have been interesting to compare entries with that of Peder Gundersen, but I can't find him or his second wife in the 1875 census. The first wife, Anne, is in the burial records in 1857 and he remarried in 1859 and took a foster son. I would have expected to find more children as well, but only those three show up in a search. Gunder died between 1865 and 1875, as his wife is listed as his widow in the 1875 census. Peder left in 1857 according to the bygdebok. If I am right, he immigrated to Wisconsin, and he is my great grandfather. I have not yet found out what happened to Kari or her husband and child as .

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Halvor Aaby

I have studied the church books from Ringebu and think you have found the right persons. I will guess that Kari and her husband Engebret emigrated to USA, but I have not found any records of the emigration. I think that Gunder and his wife Marit Knudsd. have some descendants in Ringebu.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks for the additional information, Halvor.To fill in the rest of the story, for anyone who is interested, second son Peder Pedersen married wife Embjør Jørgensdatter in 1854, and had two children, John (b. 1855) and Ahne (b. 1857) and left Ringebu in 1857. I find them in the 1860 U.S. census, Peter Peterson, age 32, wife 'Ambrie', 28, daughters Ann, 3, and Mary, 1, in Waupaca county, Wisconsin. I believe the same household also contained Hans 'Jurgensen', 19, and Mary 'Ellensdater', 63. I think these last two are Embjør's younger brother, and mother.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Halvor Aaby

I can tell you something about the places your ancestors lived in Norway. Both Randklevsdokka, Mælumssveen where Gunder Pedersen lived, Onshusrønningen where your great grandfather lived before he emigrated, and Onshusssveen where his wife was from are situated on the western side of the valley Gudbrandsdalen. Onshussveen and -Rønningen are not far from the border of Sør-Fron. Mælumssveen is very close to the downhill course of Kvitfjell. Randklevsdokka is on the upper side of the small road on the western side. of Ringebu. You can see some the stones that the house was built on.Gunder Pedersen and his wife Marit had the children: Knud, Ahne, Mari, Gulbrand, Peder, Mathea and Ole. I know nothing about Knud, Gulbrand emigrated to Black River, Wisc., and the rest of the children stayed in Norway. If you are interested to know more about them, I will try to help you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Halvor, thanks for your great description and your kind offer of help. I would greatly appreciate knowing more about Gunder's children and their descendents. I have also been thinking I need a better map, one that would help me understand the geography of the farms. Would the bygdebok on Ringebu have maps in it? I can get these here through our library system.I have just started e-mailing someone in Norway, who has information that sister Kari and husband Engebrecht Gulbrandson emigrated to Black River Falls, Wisconsin. Did Gulbrand Gundersen leave for Black River, or possibly instead Black River Falls to follow his aunt and uncle? The two towns are quite a distance apart.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Halvor Aaby

The destination in USA, according to the digitalized emigrant protocols, is Black River, Wic. This may be a misunderstanding or miswriting for Black River Falls. The ticket was prepaid. Gulbrand emigrated in 1886.The bygdebok has no maps and is not so good when it comes to finding people from the small cottages (plasser).My E-mail adress is halvor.aaby@c2i.net. You may send me a mail with your adress.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.