Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17761] Louise, g. m. Albert Slett(e)land, Chicago

Gjest Torbjørn Igelkjøn
 Del

Gjest Roger Thauland

Louis is living in Rockford, IL in the 1930 census, but no luck with Sarah; i could look up the 1904 marr of Louis/Sarah if you like. There are 2 possible Louis A's in ssdi, i need his exact birth date, have you got that from the church book? Should i check the birth registers for the dates of the 4 kids? (1907/09/11/14) or do you already have these? ...ssdi lookups are then possible--with the exact dates. About Louise..i am trying to obtain an obit for Leonie T, d May 1970, Chicago; i wonder about a 2nd marr or adoption for her--that name seems Italian...but we don't really know..any new info? Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torbjørn Igelkjøn

According to an emigrant protocoll, Louis was born October 2nd 1879.I have a lot of information about Sarah Anderson and her descendants in the U.S.A. (I have been e-mailing with them), I just thought it was strange that neither she or her children were mentioned in the 1930 census. However, I (and the family over there) have no information about what happened to Louis after he left. I would be thankful if you could send me the scanned image from the 1930 census at Ancestry, my e-mail is torbjori@nospam.enter.vg (remove 'nospam'). I am also interested in the scanned 1920 image about Albert, Sarah, Louis and the children (and the 1930 image about Albert and Louise).About Louise, I have no information (other than that she and Albert had no children), and I am thankful for all information you (or anyone else) dig up.Thanks again for looking up for me.Torbjørn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torbjørn Igelkjøn

The marriage infrmation would also be interesting, as I don't know much about Louis and his Norwegian family other than can be found in Norwegian censuses or emigrant protocolls. I have also heard (from my Norwegian relatives) that Sarah might have been his second wife, but I don't know whether this is correct. Torbjørn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

I could use the names/birth info of the siblings of Louis; neither of the 2 ssdi possibles have the correct date; from the obit of Leonie Triest, Chicago Trib of 5/30/1970--wife of late August, mother of Aloysius Van Dorselaer; gma of 3, ggma of 9, fh is DeVriendt, 2708 N. Western Av, Chicago; Our Lady of Mount Carmel church; and buried St. Joseph's. You might consider trying to ask each of these to act as go-between. Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

You 'must' try the belgium.rootsweb.com page---both names are there; the page details how to proceed...Roger. ..it is the Belgium-American club of Chicago.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torbjørn Igelkjøn

I think I have found them entering Ellis Island December 1st, 1903... No Louise, but Joannes and Emma. Father is August Triest, 121 Waschboorn(?) Ave, Chicago, Ill. There is a Mathilde aged 3 years 3 months. Looks like this might be Louise...Lenke Torbjørn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Louise does have more than one name...from the obit of August(Chicago Trib, 1961-10-01) Triest--husband of Leonie; father of Emma Willard; John of Tucson, AZ; and the late TILLE! gf of 2, ggf of 5; same places as Leonie. ...you have a match and perhaps that club will help, Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.