Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17965] Anyone related to the family from Sandnes farm on Fosterlageni in Romsdal??

Gjest Nancy (Fostervold) Halvorson
 Del

I'm just starting research on my Grandpa Ole Fostervold's father side of the family.His father was Knut Mikkelson Sandnes/Sannes (November 8, 1834-December 15, 1902) from the Sandnes farm located on Fosterlagen, More og Romsdal. Knut married Gurå Kristensdatter Fostervold (April 11, 1842-May 11, 1916) from the Oppistua farm on Fostervoll also located by Fosterlagen.I would appreciate any information anyone would be able to give me. I would like to trace both back and forward to the present with names and dates. Maybe someone over there knows of someone living that is part of this Sandnes/Sannes family. I do have pages of the farm book where Sandnes is listed (a Fostervoll relative sent me those), so do have that much information.I do have photos of Knut and Gurå, Valborg Sannes and an Ingeborg Sandnes and her 2 sons (don't know where she fits in, lived in Astoria. Oregon), but that's about it. Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torgeir Kvalvaag

I'm not sure what you want to know as you already have the pages regarding the Sandnes history. I suppose you also know the ancestors of Gurå Fostervold, so please try and give me a better idea what exactly you want to know, and I'll do my best to help.John Hansson Sannes on the Øie farm had a daughter named Ingeborg Pauline born in 1849. She married Tore Toreson Torvik in 1887, and they emigrated to the USA. When Tore dies, Ingeborg Pauline came back to Torvika. This according Nils Tore Leivdal: Gjemnesboka volume 1.Could she be the Ingeborg you can't fit in?Ingeborg Pauline's brother Peder Johnson Sannes had a daughter named Valborg Elise. I have mentioned her to you before. In other words: she was Ingeborg Pauline's niece.As for 'Sandnes' con 'Sannes' Nils Tore Leivdal writes Peder Hansson 'Sannes' and John Hansson 'Sannes' when writing about the two brothers that moved to Øie(Øye.) To make it more confusing Leivdal writes that Tore Toreson Torvik married Ingeborg Pauline 'Sandnes', Øie.I have also checked the 'Telefonkatalogen' where there is no listings under 'Sandnes' on or around Osmarka while everybody seems to use 'Sannes' or 'Sanness.' Link: LenkeHopefully this doesn't scare you too much, and that some of it may be of some use.Regards from Torgeir Kvalvaag

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Torgeir, I think what has me confused is the name spelling. I may never get more than what I have from the farm pages, but was hoping to fill in dates where there are none. And maybe get updates of the new generations. I guess I should be happy with what information I do have!! But, it would be nice to figure out who the Ingeborg in the photo is, I don't think she's is the one you mentioned.In the US census and death records there are alot of Sandnes/Sannes names listed, can't figure out if any are 'mine'. I know my dad said we have Sannes relatives who came here, I have no idea of their first names. But then it seems in Norway there were many farms named Sandnes in different areas and alot of them came to America. So, I'm sure alot are not related to me. Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.