Arkivverket
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cynthia Spilsted

[#18307] Ludwig Fagervik - was he Ludvig Hohansen of Naesne, Nordland?

Guest Cynthia Spilsted

My great-grandfather was Ludwig Konrad J. Fagervik who married Helga Bringsrud in Norman County Minnesota in 1907 and then returned to Norway. They had my grandfather, Wilhelm, in Norway and had a studio portrait done in Trondheim before leaving again for North America. I believe that Ludwig was Ludvig Johansen, son of Johan Pedersen because we were told that the previous last name was either Pedersen or Johansen and that he took the name of where he was from (Fagerviken!)Helga was from Alta, Finnmark.

Guest Cynthia Spilsted

Oops, I meant to type Johansen. Helga was the daughter of Anne Bringsrud, from Alta, Finnmark. I am told that they were at one time transient across the Finnish border to Norway on a seasonal basis before settling permanently in Norway.

Guest Astrid Ryen

I suppose this is Ludwig leaving for Canada in 1909 Lenke. He was married and a farm labourer, b. 1880, residence America.

Sign in to follow this