Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#19222] Looking for Eric Boston?

Gjest Peter Tomlinson
 Del

Gjest Peter Tomlinson

I am trying to trace my grandfather, Eric Boston, who came to Australia in 1909 onboard the Mandalay, possibly as a crew member.The only information I have is details from his Naturalization Certificate, which states that he was born on thw 24th of August 1889, at Bergen in the State of Harbinger (Hordaland?) in the Country of Norway.The only other piece of information I have is from his death certificate which state his fathers name was Carl Boston.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

The family name Boston is not to be found in the 1900 census. What I did find, was a small farm (more like a subfarm) Boston in Stjernerøy (Sjernarøy) which is south of Bergen (outside Stavanger).In the 1900 census your grandfather could also be Erik Carlsen/Karlsen, but I did not find any suitable candidate so far.I had a look at the church records for Bergen but I did not find any Erik with a father Carl/Karl born in 1889.Your grandfather may have changed his family name to make it look more 'English' so Boston may be derived from a farm name after all. But it is not easy to find the right one.I am sure someone frequenting this forum will find a solution - sooner or later!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.