Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#19391] Søren Mikkelsen , Langjem , Hedrum 1717

Gjest Jeff Erickson
 Del

Gjest Jeff Erickson

The Hedrum bygdebok p201 says - 'Søren Mikkelsen f. ca. 1717, kom fra Tjølling som enkeman, men var fra Ringdal O br. nr. 5, br 1739-1757. Førstebygsel som foreg.' I understand this to mean that he was born in Tjølling and was later at Ringdal O but I cant find him in Tjølling. Was he born at Ringdal O and later went to Tjølling before coming to Langjem.His second wife was Gunhild Pedersdtr who was the widow of Peder Hansen (Langjem). Was she the daughter of Peder Sørensen (Langjem)?Peder Hansen died 1739 skredder, trolig fra Kjose i Brunlanes (tre søstre bodde der). Can I have a translation please

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

Søren Mikkelsen (ca. 1719-ca. 1758). Son of Mikkel Olsen and Karen Iversdatter at Østre Ringdal. We then must assume that he was born at Ringdal Østre, although we have no baptism to confirm it.He first married Maren (or Maria) Hansdatter (ca. 1715-ca. 1739) from Auby Vestre in Tjølling, and farmed Auby Vestre until her death.Søren then moved to Langjem in Hedrum, because second wife Gunhild Pedersdatter (?-ca. 1746) was a widow there, and farmed there until his death.I have noticed that Gunhild maybe was daughter of Peder Sørensen, who 1739 lived at Gåserød, a subfarm to Tjølling Prestegård. He is likely to be the same person who earlier had farmed Langjem. His wife Ragnhild Evensdatter died ca. 1729. However, I have no further evidence.Translation: Peder Hansen died 1739, he was a tailor. Probably from Kjose [subparish] in Brunlanes, as three sisters lived there.I can add that the three sisters were: 1) Karen Hansdatter, Hans Strandgårdens' widow. Lars Hansen and Sven Hansen from Strandgården, mentioned in Peder Hansen's probate, were probably their sons. 2) Margrete Hansdatter, a widow, living at Hans Sletholt's. 3) Kirsten Hansdatter, 31 years old, unmarried, a maid at Jørgen Omsland's.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest Jeff Erickson

I am now having difficulty with Mikkel Sorensen's date of birth and place.Mikkel was the son of Soren Mikkelsen (above) and Mari Hansdtr of Auby Øvre,Tjølling (not Auby Vestre). Her father ws Hans Janson.Soren and Mari were married in Tjølling 27 Jul 1735.I cannot find a reference to Soren farming at Auby.i have found a reference to the birth of Mikkel Sorensen on 11 Aug 1735 in Tjølling. He seems to have died 18 Mar 1736. There is another Mikkel born in Tjølling 19 Jan 1738 with a father Soren Oubye (maybe Auby).Another Mikkel reportedly born to Soren and Mari in Hedrum on 23 dec 1739.Which one (or more) of the above is the Mikkel Sorensen (whose father Soren farmed Langjem 1739 -1757).Where did Mikkel later live in Tjølling. Can anyone help please?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

Mari died before July 16th 1739, so the last one can't be correct at all. Mikkel is listed as one year old in his mother's probate record, so it's probably the one 1738. I haven't controlled the churchbook. The date is probably his baptism and not his birth.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Thank you Kristian Is 16 Jul 1739 the date of probate? Was the probate in Tjølling? Is the probate record available on the internet?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

Yes - yes - no (as far as I know). I've just made a short summary of the probate for myself, that is:Probate July 16th 1739 at Vestre Auby in Tjølling, Maria Hansdatter. Her heirs were her husband Søren Mikkelsen and their son, Mikkel Sørensen, 1 year old. The inheritance was 8 rdl. A sister of Maria was married to Helge Helgesen, Lund in Tjølling.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.