Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#19579] Sander Christensen Ness, born Aker 1838 - d. ca.1932 Fertile, Minnesota

Gjest Helge R. Naess
 Del

Gjest Helge R. Naess

Can anyone please help me to find him ? His wife: Haagine Ness. Probably emigrated ca. 1880... ? - with his brother Petter Christensen Ness. Sander and brother Petter were probably the first from Nes (in Maridalen in Aker near Oslo) to emigrate to the NW, but many more of this family followed later on and are well known to me. As a curiosity, I have a photo marked: 'This is Sander Ness with wife Haagine ca. 1930, very fond of coffee, whisky and talking' (sic). (PS: today my machine has decided not to type ae, oe, aa, but any variety of Ness is acceptable.) Why such problem ? I have now written this 8 times until I understood that there is a configuration problem, probably on my side. Can Anette possibly explain this to me ? ) PS: skrevet paa engelsk av hensyn til vaare venner i USA, men alle svar paa norsk mottas med takk!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Taryn Flolid

Fertile Minnesota is in Polk county. You can contact the historical society there:POLK COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY Box 214 (mailing) U.S. 2 East (museum) Crookston, MN 56716-0214 218/281-1038 Contact: Allen Brolsma, President Hours: 12 - 5 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday; June 1 - September 30[url="http://crookston.net/Museum/default.htm>http://crookston.net/Museum/default.htmhttp://www.rootsweb.com/~mnpolk/Try posting this query again here on the the Polk county Minnesota query page:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Hei! Jeg er litt usikker på om det er i Norge eller i USA du trenger hjelp.. jeg satser på at det er i USA?Her kan du se at han kjøper land i MN.Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Den Sander som Taryn har funnet, er nok 'din'.I 1920-census, Minnesota, Polk, Garfield Twp,den 8. januar 1920 ble familien tellet som følger:Ness, Carl Martin, Head, Eier sitt hjem, 61 år gml, immigrerte i 1880, naturalisert 1889, f. i Norge av norske foreldre, FarmerNess, Anna, wife, 65 år, imm. 1880, nat. 1889, f. i Norge av norske foreldre.---- Ness, Sander N., uncle (til head), 83 år, imm. 1865, nat. 1879 Ness, Haagine, wife, 76 år, imm 1865, nat 1879 begge f. i Norge..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I 1870 bodde Sander og Hakina i Hartland, Freeborn twp. ingen spesielle interessante opplysninger her, Han var farm-laborer.-------i 1910 bodde de Minnesota, POLK, Roll 715 Book 2, Page 248b (Garfield twp)Det er intet nytt under solen her heller, og Hagine har ikke født noen barn, så her er det ingen etterkommere av noe slag. Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helge R. Naess

TUSEN TAKK ! Many thanks to Taryn Flolid and Laila Christiansen. Yes, it was the USA I was concerned about in this connection and I have now obtained all the information I needed. It amazes me to see how clever you all are to extract such information. Again many thanks to yourselves and digitalarkivet for this marvellous service! To Taryn: I was in Minnesota in September last, wish I had known you. Greetings! Helge Naess.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Taryn Flolid

Glad to help when I can - I'm easy to find in Minnesota. No one else has the same name.Here's the place to look for Minnesota deaths, after 1908.http://people.mnhs.org/dci/Search.cfmHere is a death for NESS, HOGENA CertID# 1923-MN-011917 Date of Birth: Place of Birth: Mother Maiden Name: not indexed not indexed not indexed Date of Death: County of Death: 09/21/1923 POLKIt was the only name that came close, so I would guess that is his wife. If you can't get their death certificates from the Polk county historical society there, there is a woman who will help people from Norway very cheaply to get those death certificates from the Minnesota HIstorical society and sometimes even their Naturalization records. You have to pay her a little, but I thought it was a good price. Her name is Gwen, and her email is sackrison@angelfire.com

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helge R. Naess

Thank you, Taryn ! There is no doubt that Hogena and Haagine/ Haaginne (i.e. the female form of the King's name HAAKON), mean the same, and the place and time confirm that we have found the right person. This name is unfashionable today (and so is the very fine name of Taryn, which I guess comes from Telemark ?) and of course, as we all know perfectly well, many immigrants found it practical to change or 'polish' their name to make an easier 'English' version. Be warned, I shall make a short detour to Minnesota with my wife by the end of July, 2004, but time will be very short. Maybe a cup of coffee ? It is always nice to meet persons with similar interests ! Greetings, Helge Naess.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.