Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#22569] Family from Maurhaugen gard, Indviken

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

How can an entire family just disappear? This is Rasmus Pedersen Maursæt (b. 1833), his wife, Ingeborg Carine Larsdatter Maurhaugen (b. 1833), and their five children; Anders Olai (b. 1855), Pernille (b. 1857), Lars Iver (b. 1862), Ingeborg Pernille (b. 1865), and Peder Olai (b. 1867). They are all at Maurhougen in 1865 (except Peder, who wasn't born yet). After that, nothing. I looked in the emigration file and could not find any of them there either. I realize there is a gap in the Innvik burial records (1878-1900), but I thought at least some of them would still be alive for the 1900 census. If they are, I can't find them!Anyone have any ideas?Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aase R Sæther

The bygdebok has this short message about him: 'Selde og drog til Am'. That is: sold the farm and emigrated to USA. The year must have been 1869, since the next owner of the farm took over in that year. And the Bergen list goes from 1874 -

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Aase. This is the only explanation that makes sense, unless there was some kind of epidemic that wiped them out. But then, I would have expected to find them in the burial records. So, again, thank you for looking this up.Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 6 måneder senere...
Gjest Svein Arild Bergset

The parish records have them recorded as moving to USA. They record date is April 28 1869. The family: Rasmus Peders. 35 years, Ingeborg Larsd. 30 years, Anders Rasmussen 14 years, Pernille Rasmusd. 12 years, Lars Rasmussen 6 1/2 years, Ingeborg Rasmusd. 4 years, Peder Rasmussen 1 1/2 yearsIf and when they actually left the country is another matter.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.