Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#23150] Thomassen - Hedrum 1887

Gjest Jeff Erickson
 Del

Gjest Jeff Erickson

In the Digital Inn - Emigrants from Larvik it shows Oluf Thommesen and his family from Hedrum emigrating to Minneapolis. 1887 Mai 4 Olaf Thommesen m Gift forhenv. Sømand 2207 1858 Hedrum Minneapolis 6 6 1887 Mai 4 Olea Thommesen f Gift Hustru 1203 1855 Hedrum Minneapolis 7 7 1887 Mai 4 Gunnar Thommesen m Ugift Søn 1308 1882 Hedrum Minneapolis 8 8 1887 Mai 4 Ole Thommesen m Ugift Søn 2510 1884 Hedrum Minneapolis 9 9 1887 Mai 4 Anders Thommesen m Ugift Søn 0411 1885 Hedrum MinneapolisCan it be established where in Hedrum they came from.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

Here You find the family from Hedrum as Emigrants. Lenke Sorry I have not the Hedrum bygdebok at home, but I am sure you can get help from ' Hedrum homepage.' Gunn Huglen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

I can't find them in the index of the Hedrum bygdebok. Right now, I don't have access to the church books. Maybe I can help you later.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Alexander Lange

I would guess Oluf is from Steinsholt in Hedrum, and that your Oluf/Olaf is the Hans Oluf Thommesen you can find in the 1875 census, born in 1858: Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Steinsholt may be the link to find my great grandfather Henry Thomson (Thommesen). He knew Anders Eriksen from Larvik. Anders wife's father was Borre Waaal Hansen (Eftang) but born at Steinsholt in Hedrum.My Henry Thomson was born in Tonsberg or Horten on 25 February 1868 and Anders Eriksen's son was sent to Australia to find him - which he did.Is there any connection between the Thommesen's at Hedrum and Horten/Tonsberg - perhaps a brother or cousin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

May be I am compeletly wrong, but in spite of that, I would like to draw your attention to a certain Olaf Thommesen, born in Kragerø about 1855 (11 years old in the 1865 census). Sorry I do not know how to make a link, but it should be easy to find. I also find an Olea of correct age in Porsgrunn in the same census. Since Kragerø and Porsgrunn are close to one another - along the coast - and also rather close to Hedrum ..... ?The bygdebook for Hedrum does not mention these people and the churchbook films that I have I am afraid do not cover the years we have here. Of course, if the two persons I have mentioned above, proves to be the ones you are looking for, you will probably have to look for their wedding in Porsgrunn or Kragerø.Best of luck!Hans

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Thank you HansI am not looking for Oluf Thommesen but probably a brother or cousin Henry Thommesen born Feb 1668 in Horten/Tonsberg.Henry's family knew Anders EriksenAnders wife's family were from Steinsholt.Is Kragero near Tonsberg/Horten?H

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

Moving north from Kragerø, along the west coast of Oslofjord, you come first to Bamble, then Porsgrunn, and then the town of Larvik (with Hedrum now included asministratively), then Sandefjord, Tønsberg and Horten, in that order. Total distance from Kragerø to Horten I would roughly (without checking the map) estimate to about 12 norwegian mil. (One mil equals 10 kilometer).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.