Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#29636] Elof Hudson Vært i en Cafe chantant i Kristiania, Bergen

Gjest Melece Salisbury
 Del

Gjest Melece Salisbury

I am looking for any information on my great, great, grandfather Elof Hudson. I found the following in the Scandinavian Biographical Index:Hudson, Elof, en svensk Student, der i 50 og 60 (1850-1860) Aarene var Vært i en Cafe chantant i Kristiania, Bergen o. fl. a. Steder i Norge.Humorijten. En Samling af comike og andre sange. Saml. og udg. af E. H. H. 1. Shar. 1834. 12. 20 S. - H. 2. Shra. 1836. 12. (On this paragragh the gothic script was difficult to read.)Halvorsen, J.B. Norsk Forfatter Lexikon 1814-1880. (fuldfert af Halvden Koht. J 6 Bd.Kristiania, 1885-1908The only other information I have on Elof Hudson, is a marriage and the birth of his son, Otto, in DanmarkMarriage: Lene Schv(w)abe 16 Jun 1851 Trinitatis, Kobenhavn, Kobenhavn, Danmark (I do not have any other information on Lene Schvabe.)Christening of son Otto: 19 Feb 1860 Frederiksberg, Københaven, Danmark (Mother was Dorrette Sophie Charlotte Francke) I do not know if there are any other children born to Elof Hudson.Any connecting links in Norway, Sweden, or Danmark would be greatly appreciated.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Ove Wangensteen

Elof Annel Hudson MaleEvent(s): Birth: JAN 1825 , , SwedenChristening: Death: 25 DEC 1896And here is Otto in Norway 1865? LenkeMvh Lars Ove

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Åse Kristiansen

Found on IGI FamilySearch (sources unavailable!) Ellof Hudson born 1833 Helsingør, Copenhagen, married Dec. 1858 to Doretta Sophie Charlotta Francke or Foink, born 1837 Kristiania, Akershus, Norway.Son Otto born Dec.29th 1859, Frederiksberg, Copenhagen, baptized Feb.19th 1860 Fredriksberg. Child Hudson, no first name, born the same date, no baptism record.The son named Otto is also registered as born in Kristiania 1860 and baptized there.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Leif Kåre Solberg

I have tried to find the Francke-family in the 1865 census. It was only 5 persons wearing Francke-like names. All of them appear to be members of the same family. The 53 year old widow Pauline Franke, living in Christiania, is a candidate to be Doretta Sophie Charlotta’s mother. [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f60301.wc2&gardpostnr=910&personpostnr=25635&merk=25635#ovre>LenkeThe children: Charlotte, 17, and Fredrik Rudolf ,13, candidates to be her siblings. A possible sister is also Konradine Paulline Jacobine Franke, a 19-year-old maiden servant in Trondheim. Lenke Augusta Amalia Sand, nee Francke,46, the wife of physician Fredrik Christian Sand in Molde, might be a relative.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Melece Salisbury

I have a copy of the census of Otto with the Engebretson's as a pleibarn in 1865 and an emigration ship record of Otto and Ellen Engebretson coming to USA in 1871. He came to Utah and lived with Gennerious Sorenson family who is also from Norway. I have not been able to find Gennerious in Norway yet or when he emigrated to USA. I want to find out more about this Ellen Engebretson and why she came to the USA without her husband and daughter, just Otto. I would like to see if I could find out how Otto became a fosterchild and why he was christened in Danmark. I have the actual copy of Otto's christening in Danmark. The following is from a Danish census site: København, København (Staden), Sankt Annæ Øster Kvarter, , , Dronningens Tværgade 278 D, 3, FT-1845 Following fields are shown: Name, Age, Marital status, Position in household, Occupation , Birth place C.P.Francke, 40, Gift, , Etatsraad,Departements Chef i General Toldkammer og Commerce Collegie,Ridder af Db.og Dbs.M.p.p., Fru L.Francke, 30, Gift, , hans Kone, Sophie Francke, 7, , , deres Barn, Gustav Francke, 5, , , deres Barn, Emma Francke, 3, , , deres Barn, Fanny Francke, 1, , , deres Barn, Frederikke Siersted, 24, Ugift, , Huusjomfrue, Karen Johanne Jisgreen, 44, Ugift, , Tienestepige, Jens A.Jensen, 29, Ugift, , Tiener, H.Schmidt, 24, Ugift, , Stud.juris,logerende, Isack Adler, 28, Ugift, , Practis.Læge,logerende,I think this matches Doretta Sophie Charlotta Francke, because the age matches up and her father move back and forth from Danmark and the German border. In the 1910 US census Otto listed his father as being from Norway and his mother being from Germany. I am still trying to verify this information. I now believe that he was born in Sweden, but the dates of the LDS (mormon) family search site very so much. There is the death date of Elof but I don't even know what country he was in when he died. Is there any way to find his publication over there in Norway?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.