Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#40595] 1865-telling: 1247 Askøen sogn, 1246 Fjeld sogn

Gjest Steve Elliott
 Del

Gjest Steve Elliott

Data for the 1865-telling in 1247 Askøen sogn and 1246 Fjeld sogn (both in Fjeld prgj.) appear to be identical. Is there an error in the database, or was there a political reason in 1865? For example, identical data on the Ole A. Heggem family appear in both databases. If possible, please respond in English, since my Norwegian is not as good as it should be. Thanks.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Oddvar Søreide

All municipalities in Norway today have a number, and 1247 is Askøy and 1246 is Fjell. The 1865 census for Askøy is the same database in Fjell. The reason is that Askøy parish in 1865 was an annex to Fjell parish. Askøy was an annex to Fjell parish from 1842 to 1871.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Steve Elliott

Many thanks, Oddvar!If someone knows of links to maps of 19th century parishes in Hordaland Fylke or districts/streets in Bergen, I'd certainly like to know of them. The 1900 Digitalarkivet map at Lenke is nice, but the map itself cannot be readily searched/scanned, and it's dated later than I would like. Thanks for any help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.