Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#43444] Immigration/Emmigration Record for Ingvald Gustavus Reiersen and Othea Borufsen

Gjest Gordon Ryersen
 Del

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Hello, does anyone have any information in their database about the travel from Norway for Ingvald Gustavus Reiersen/Theodorsen-Hildersvik/Lokna/Tjernagel, born Jan. 1884 Sveio and Othea Andreasdatter/Borufsen-Aavik/Spangereid born Nov. 1880. I think that they met here in the USA but I am unsure about that fact, or where they were married. Their sons were Gunvald Reiersen/Reyerson 1906, Elmer Andrew Reiersen 1908. Gustav Bertinius Reiersen 1910, Ingvald Otto Reiersen/Ryersen 1912. Ingvald Gustavus Reiersen came to the USA and settled in Brooklyn, and Richmond New York in the late 1800's or early 1900's. Their children were all born in Brooklyn, NY. So the years of travel to the USA should be between 1898-1906. Around 1913 Othea took the 4 boys back to Aavik to raise them. Then Gunvald, Gustav and Ingvald traveled back to the USA to Brooklyn, but i do not have the information about their travel back to the USA, and would very much like to learn about their journeys. My father was Ingvald Reiersen/Ryersen 1912. Tusen Takk!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

I wonder if this is Andreas Børulvsen, in 1865. ( Otheas father and her grandparents? LenkeI have not been able to find Ingvald Gustavus on emigrantlist this morning. Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Fossum

Ingvald Gustavus' father were living at Eltravåg farm in the 1900 census LenkeTo of Ingvald Gustavus' halfbrother's also emigrated. Reinert Gustav Teodorsen, b. 1895 and Edvard Mandius Teodorsen b. 1904. (Simon Steinsbø: Sveio Gards- og ættesoge, bind 2, side 174.)Roger Fossum

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kolbjørn Næss

HeiHere is Ingvald Gustav Reiersen, born 01.01.1910, going back to US in 1927. His occupation is lighter captain, but here I think something is wrong. Either he should have been borne in 1884, or this is your father Ingvald Otto and the occupation means his fathers. LenkeHere is Ingvald Gustav in census 1930, he is living alone:1930 United States Federal Census //Name: Ingvald Reiersen //Home in 1930: Richmond, Richmond, New York //Age: 46 //Estimated Birth Year: abt 1884 //Birthplace: Norway //Relation to Head of House: Head //Race: White //Occupation: Lighter Captain //Parents' birthplace: View Image //Neighbors: View others on page //Household Members: Name Age //Ingvald Reiersen 46Ingvald is neighbor of these:1930 United States Federal Census //about Thardeaf Paiersen //Name: Thardeaf Paiersen //Home in 1930: Richmond, Richmond, New York //Age: 37 //Estimated Birth Year: abt 1893 //Birthplace: Norway //Relation to Head of House: Head //Spouse's name: Pauline //Race: White //Household Members: Name Age //Thardeaf Paiersen 37 (Thorleif Reiersen, he is also a lighter captain) //Pauline Paiersen 38 //Magaute Paiersen 14 //Anne Paiersen 12 //Lillian Paiersen 7 2/12 //Abraham Abrahamson 38 (Brother in law)Kolbjørn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kolbjørn Næss

And here he arrives Ellis Island in 1922:First Name: Ingvald Gustav Last Name: Reiersen Ethnicity: Norway, Scand. Last Place of Residence: Mandal, Norway Date of Arrival: Sep 11, 1922 Age at Arrival: 28y Gender: M Marital Status: M Ship of Travel: Stavangerfjord Port of Departure: Christiania, Norway Manifest Line Number: 0029You will find this original manifest on the Ellis Island and it says that he has been over earlier from 1916 to 1920.Kolbjørn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kolbjørn Næss, Hedrum Historielag

HeiHere in 1903 Lenke goes Othea Børufsen U=unmarried to us. She travels together with Olava Olsen and Thora Askildsen and are going to Wo?dhull/Brooklyn.You will find her Indexed on Ellis Island as Othea Barnfrin.Kolbjørn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Kolbjorn, Roger and Gunn. Sincere thanks for all of your research and help. This information is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Gordon

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 år senere...
Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Hello, I am hoping that someone in Norway may be able to locate the record of my GM Othea Reiersen, taking her sons back to Norway, after having her children born in Brooklyn, NY. I believe that it was around the year 1914 that they traveled back to Norway. I would be looking for a record of Othea Reiersen taking her sons, Ingvald, Gustav, Gunvald and Andrew back to Aavik/Spangereid Norway around 1914 or so, Tusen Takk!!! This record has been elusive to me. I know they made the trip back home but can not find this record.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.