Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#59272] What is a 'Damsgaard'?

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Gjest erling t. endresen

Where and when was August Adolf Olai married? In Norway? I wonder why he isn't found in the Konfirmasjon records....

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

August was married in 1916 in New York City. By the time he came to America, he was using Adolf as his only given name. So, all US records show him that way.Each of Torgir & Malene's three children were baptized in a different church. I thought this was about where they were living at the time. Andreas Johannes was baptized in Nykirken, August in Domkirken, and Thora in Johanneskirken.I found confirmation records in Johanneskirken for:Andreas Johan Adolf, 12 Apr 1896, residence Nygårdsgade 42 [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20050815041037.jpg>LenkeThora Marie, 4 Oct 1903, residence Nygårdsgade 42

bilete4776.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Bergesen

Hi Patti, in the 1912 Cencus Malene is called Washing Wife, if you see in the 1900 Cencus for Ship, i think you will find Andreas and August. Rune

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Bergesen

Hi Patti. In the Adressbook for Bergen 1924-25 I think I have find Malene Andersen in Nygaardsgt. 52, where she have lived before. Rune

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Rune, what is a 'washing wife'?I found Andreas in the Skipslistene, and found two possibilities for my grandfather:August Anderss. Koksmat, b 1884 Bergen [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=14&filnamn=s0landet&gardpostnr=1954&personpostnr=21060&merk=21060#ovre>LenkeAdolf Anders. Dæksgut, b 1884 Bergen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

The new addrsss seems to be 'Haakons gade No 11'.Malene worked as a 'cleaner'/'cleaningwoman'.Andreas was confirmed in Bergen 1896, according to the entry by the Enlistment officer. If he lived in Nygaardsgaten he normally would have been confirmed in Johannes or Domkirken.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, Yngve!I found Andreas's confirmation. I was looking for my grandfather's (August Olai Adolf). I have looked in Johannes very closely. I will look again in Domkirken. I started to look in 1898, when August would have been 14. Brother Andreas was 15 and sister Thora was 16 (when they were confirmed).I looked at Haakons gade no 11 in 1900 and did not see any familiar names. So, Andreas must have moved there after the 1900 Census.Thanks again for your help!Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.