Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#59891] Ole Tormodsen Hodne & Maren Margrethe Gregoriusdatter

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Gjest Kjellaug Robberstad Petit

In Rygh's farm names, I can see that the farm Auglend is to be found in several places in Stavanger Amt:Gårdsnr Gård Sogn Herred Amt 21 Auglend Egersund Egersund Stavanger amt 11 Auglend Egersund Egersund Stavanger amt 24 Auglend Fossan Fossan Stavanger amt 24 Auglend Sole Haaland Stavanger amt 18 Auglend Sole Haaland Stavanger amt18 Auglend Hetland (Frue) Hetland Stavanger amt 16 Auglend Høiland Høiland Stavanger amt 31 Auglend Strand Strand Stavanger amt 8 Auglend Time Time Stavanger amt 10 Auglend Time Time Stavanger amt

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne Bjørlo Fiskå

Hei Iflg Gards og Ættesoga for Gjesdal, under Madland s 157 Jens Osmundsen f 1733, døde på Foss Eikeland, Høiland 1810. Han var gift1.gang med Ragnhild Larsdatter Madland f. ca 1737, hun døde 1768, hun etterlot seg 2 barn, Osmund, død som liten og Ragnhild, var gift i Rennesøy. Jens var gift 3 ganger.mvh Anne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Anne has just confirmed that Ragnhild's father was Jens Osmundsen. Her mother was his first wife b. 1737, died 1768. They had two children, Osmund who died as an infant and Ragnhild who married to Rennesøy. Jens was married 3 times. This is from the bygdebook for Gjesdal under Madland. Jens born 1733, died on Foss, Eikeland, Høland in 1810.The same census as above from Lye: Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I can't find Ragnhild Larsdtr's birth in the churchbooks, but someone has set this up on Family Search: [url="http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/AF/individual_record.asp?recid=35183967&lds=0&region=-1&regionfriendly=&frompage=99>LenkeHere her birth (or an older sister? But I found no one else) is set as 1733 (5th birth in 1733): Kildeinformasjon: Rogaland fylke, Gjesdal i Lye, Ministerialbok nr. A 1 /2 (1725-1800), Fødte og døpte 1730-1734, uten sidenr. Permanent sidelenke: Lenke Permanent bildelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jens Osmundsen's birth in 1733 (4th one in 1733): Kildeinformasjon: Rogaland fylke, Gjesdal i Lye, Ministerialbok nr. A 1 /2 (1725-1800), Fødte og døpte 1730-1734, uten sidenr. Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=16843&idx_id=16843&uid=ny&idx_side=-16>Lenke Permanent bildelenke: Lenke I found this on FS:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

As Jens and Ragnhild/Ragnel married in 1753, I think it's the right one I found in the churchbook - otherwise she would have been only 16 years old when she married!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne Bjørlo Fiskå

Iflg Gjesdal boka mener en at Osmund er sønn av Jens Ljødeson, Nedrebø i Lysefjorden (Forsand). Gunvor Tolleivsdatter Madland er datter av Tolleiv Torkelson fra Dorga i Sirdal, han er født ca 1678, døde 1758. Mor hans heter Marta Gitlesdtr, Kona til Tolleiv heter trolig Gunvor. mvh Anne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I am overwhelmed by all this! You all are so generous with your time.I did not have the parents of Osmund Jensen. All I had about him was that he was born in Nedrebø and died in Madland.As for Tormod's father, my information is that he was Ole Gunnleivsen of Ouglend in Finnås in Hordaland. I looked in Rygh and the closest I could find was Økland.I have a baptism date for Tormod of 5 Jun 1781, but I have not found it in the parish registers yet.I must take some time and look at all of this information.Again, many thanks mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I found Thormods/Tormoe's birth on Rennesøy (bottom of the left page) Kildeinformasjon: Rogaland fylke, Rennesøy, Ministerialbok nr. A 3 (1772-1815), Kronologisk liste 1781, side 90. Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=15842&idx_id=15842&uid=ny&idx_side=-91>Lenke Permanent bildelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

KjellaugThank you for finding Tormod's birth. I looked last night, but I think my eyes were tired. Am I correct that this entry does not tell the residence where Tormod was born?Also, about Ouglæn, do you agree that this is probably Økland? I didn't see any other farm names that were close. On Rygh, I see this farm name in Bremnes, Valestrand and Stord (among others). It will be difficult to find him, since I don't know when he was born and died.mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I agree with you that it must be Økland, I can't think of anything closer.As it's said Findaas prestegjeld, it can only be Valestrand since Stord was a different prestegjeld (parish). As I meant to say above, Valestrand belonged to Findaas at that time. There were farms on Valestrand and Bømlo (where you find Bremnes) with such a name, often written in different ways (Aukland, Auchland, Øchland, etc.As I said I have checked Bømlo and there's no such person there. So he must have come from Valestrand. As he might have been dead before 1801, it won't be easy to find him without help from people who have bygdebooks from Valestrand. There are several here who do.We just have to get them to look in here-:)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Forgot to answer your first question, Tormod/Tormoe was born on Rennesøy, but the farm is not mentioned.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, KjellaugYou have been a wonderful help!I have researched others from Valestrand, but it was a while ago. I'll have to go back through some older posts to see who helped me there.Regarding Tormod's residence, I have information from another kind researcher that he & Berta Bjørnsdtr were cotters under Hodne and later under Ask. I have a list of seven brothers and sisters of Ole. It looks like at least the first three were born at Hodne. I have not had a chance to confirm this in the parish registers, though. Anyway, this may explain why Ole took the Hodne name.mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Well, you have Ole and his twin sister Martha Serine above.Here's Thormod born Nov 18, 1817 (n° 44 left page for boys): Kildeinformasjon: Rogaland fylke, Rennesøy, Ministerialbok nr. A 4 (1816-1837), Fødte og døpte 1818, side 12-13. Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=15843&idx_id=15843&uid=ny&idx_side=-8>Lenke Permanent bildelenke: LenkeNils born April 16, 1820 (n° 110) still at Ask: Kildeinformasjon: Rogaland fylke, Rennesøy, Ministerialbok nr. A 4 (1816-1837), Fødte og døpte 1821, side 28-29. Permanent sidelenke: Lenke Permanent bildelenke: LenkeBerthe: March 14, 1823 (top og right page): Kildeinformasjon: Rogaland fylke, Rennesøy, Ministerialbok nr. A 4 (1816-1837), Fødte og døpte 1823, side 52-53. Permanent sidelenke: Lenke Permanent bildelenke: LenkeStill cotters under Ask.Berthe Gurine, March 19, 1826 (top of right page) Kildeinformasjon: Rogaland fylke, Rennesøy, Ministerialbok nr. A 4 (1816-1837), Fødte og døpte 1826, side 76-77. Permanent sidelenke: Lenke Permanent bildelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Johan Arthur has checked the bygdebooks from Valestrand, no such person as Ole Gundleivsen on Økland there-:(What else could Ouglæn mean??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Again, I thank you, Kjellaug, for your help!The reference I was given (I don't have the actual book) was Rennesøy Gard og Ætt, vol II, page 852.1. Børre, f ca 1812, 13 år i 18252. Ragnhild, dp. 17/7 1815, f. på Hodne. Til Stavanger 1842. Gift 6/5 1842 med Søren Sjursson Lykling, Finnås, f. ca. 1812.Those are the two you are missing.About Tormod (b 1817), my reference showed that he was born at Hodne, but I don't see this information in the parish register you found. Do you? In fact, I thought it might say 'Ask' after the father's name.Maybe Ole Gundlevsen only worked at Økland for a short while, and that is why he is not in the bygdebok. Or... could it be that Tormod's baptism record is not correct when it shows that his father was from Ouglend in Finnås?mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Great that you found Maren Margarethe's birth! Born on Sep 10, 1826 - her parents are Gregorius Larsen and Maria Margaretha.I'd also seen this on FS, but we can't be sure as it's sent in by a private person. Why should it say Findaas prestegj. when Tormod was born?? Unless the priest got it wrong, but there's a big difference between Hetland and Finnås!I found Søren Sjursen Lykling who married Ragnhild. He was born 1812 and moved to Stavanger in 1840. His parents are Sjurs Monsson Aksdal from Fjellberg b. around 1788. He came to Bømlo and married a widow there whose name was Målfrid Larsdtr Håvik b. 1780. From Bømlo bygdebook II, p. 499-500.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Anne, where should we look to check if this Ole Gunnleivsen really came from Hetland? Was Hetland under Stavanger at that time? The churchbook from Hetland don't go that far back.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here's Ragnhild Thormodtr's record (on the right) 17 july 1815 as you said. It's only written Thormod Hodne's child: Kildeinformasjon: Rogaland fylke, Rennesøy, Ministerialbok nr. A 3 (1772-1815), Kronologisk liste 1815, side 354. Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=15842&idx_id=15842&uid=ny&idx_side=-363>Lenke Permanent bildelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

As I said in n° 24, I think I found the right Ragnelle Jensdtr i 1801, she was then 48 years old and a spinster. Something which goes well with the fact the she got a child out of wedlock. When Tormoe was born, it was said that she was from Strand parish. So I tried to look up there - not an easy task!!I looked through 1751 to 1758 and found only this one (towards the bottom of the left page): Kildeinformasjon: Rogaland fylke, Strand, Ministerialbok nr. A 2 (1744-1768), Fødte og døpte 1754, side 18-19. Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=15885&idx_id=15885&uid=ny&idx_side=-13>Lenke Permanent bildelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.