Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#61250] Otto Anderson of Norway to USA

Gjest Ron  Jones
 Del

Gjest Ron  Jones

I am searching for information about:ANDERSON, OTTO, BORN IN NORWAY 1858-1860. Came to the USA in 1888/89. Married a girl from Sweden named GUSTAVE/GUSTAVA/AUGUSTA S. They had a son, OLE C. PETERSON in Norway in 1887/89. Augusta and Ole came to USA in 1890-1893.Is this enough information to find their family?Thanks to all that have helped in the past. Ron Jones, Decatur, IL USAps could someone explain how to use the pencil that is used at the end of an answer. I have tried and it isn't in English.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bakketun

Do you have any idea from where in Norway was born?About the pencil - when you want to answer me now, you will have to 'click' the pencil to get a 'window' for writing your answer.When you have finished writing, click 'Legg innlegget på plass'. If you want to make any corrections, you click 'Rett innlegget' (to the left). If not, you click 'Legg innlegget på plass' once more and that's it.Marianne Bakketun

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bakketun

Sorry, I did too many corrections here! My first answer is: Do you have any idea where Otto was born. North, west, east, south Norway?Marianne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron  Jones

Hi Marianne,Thanks for the information. I have no idea where Otto was born in Norway. That is all of the information I could find from the US census. The dates are different on the two census I found. I know it is not much but is all I have.Thanks again.Ron Jones

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Håkon Christiansen

Two obvious alternatives offer themselves: it is her son, not his, or he is adopted by them. Any opinion? How do you know that they had the son already while they were in Norway? If you have any more information concerning their time in Norway, we should have it, the info you give is rather scant.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron  Jones

Only reason I can think of is that he or his parents 'Americanized' his name. All I have to research is the 1910 and 1920 census and tha is all I can find. I thought perhaps using the dates they were born and the dates they left for the USA may be enough to find them. I tried a few weeks ago with Andrew Peterson and had no results because of lack of information.Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ingebjørg Romulslie

Are you positive Otto was norwegian? I noticed a strange thing when searching for Otto Anders... in the emigrants from Trondheim datbase, - almost every person with that name is swedish.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bakketun

This is not easy! Otto was born around 1858 - 1860, and is difficult to locate in the 1865 census as we have no idea where in Norway he was born or who his parents was. He is probably not married in 1875. And he has left Norway before 1900.Marianne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron  Jones

Marianne, Thank you very much for your input. One person suggested that Otto Peterson is a Swedish name and I should look for that name under the Swedish emigrants and look for the years he was supposed to have left. I can't find him in the USA immigrant list or his wife and son.I thought that the emigrants list would show where he came from and from that his family maybe found.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron  Jones

Hi Jens,I found the Peterson's in the 1910 and 1920 census in Duluth,St. Louis, Minnesota. Since they all arrived in the USA about 1890 these would be the first census for them. The 1890 USA census was destroyed by fire. The only information is from these two census. I know the information is lacking but thought from the dates they emigrated or were born some how there may be records. Thank you or your interest.Ron Jones

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron  Jones

Hi Jon,I found the Peterson's in the 1910 and 1920 census in Duluth,St. Louis, Minnesota. Since they all arrived in the USA about 1890 these would be the first census for them. The 1890 USA census was destroyed by fire. The only information is from these two census. I know the information is lacking but thought from the dates they emigrated or were born some how there may be records. Thank you or your interest.Ron Jones

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

These????Name: Otto PetersonAge in 1910: 50Estimated Birth Year: abt 1860Birthplace: NorwayRelation to Head of House: HeadFather's Birth Place: NorwayMother's Birth Place: NorwaySpouse's Name: AugustaHome in 1910: Duluth Ward 6, St Louis, MinnesotaMarital Status: MarriedRace: WhiteGender: MaleYear of Immigration: 1878Neighbors: View others on pageHousehold Members: Name AgeOtto Peterson 50Augusta Peterson 52Ole Peterson 21Oscar Peterson 18Edit Peterson 16Blanch Peterson 13Alvin Peterson 9

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron  Jones

Jon,You have the correct information. Do you see any information that may help? You notice that Ole C. isborn in Norway.Again, thanks for your inputRon

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron  Jones

I don't have a copy of the census now but in one she is shown from Sweden and in her daughter , Blanche, 1930 census the mother is from Sweden. I do think her mother was from Sweden. Why I mentioned Otto Anderson I have no idea. This is the first time I have used this and not sure about what to push.Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron  Jones

I didn't find the 1900 census and I thank you. Does the new information help to locate the family in Norway or Sweden Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron  Jones

Jon,Please give me your advice on the next step I should take if you have the time. I had no idea what Lenke meant but I hit it and the record was there.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Andersen

Ron,According to the list in (12) Otto is born in May 1858. It also seems like he have a middle initial C.The man shown on this link is thus a good candidate: [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=7&filnamn=emikra1&gardpostnr=105822&merk=105822#ovre>LenkeIf this is the case here is a link to his family in 1865:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.