Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#67138] 1760 Early Parish Register

Gjest Betty Arndt
 Del

Gjest Betty Arndt

I would like to know more about these Early Parish Registers. I have found them in Leikanger and Jostedal (Sogn og Fjordane). If possible, I would like someone to translate the headings of the columns. Some of my family members are represented in the registers. They look very interesting. Thank you for any help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

Leikanger first column is 'Name of the youth'. The heading in the second column litterary means something like 'progress' - the column tells about reading capability. The third column is 'age'.While the Leikanger-register only includes youth, the Jostedalen-register seems to include the whole population. The column headings are more complex. 1) Farm name (and also information about the farms' value, measured in terms of a certain rate of the production). 2) Name of farmers and their wives (and also their age and how long they've been married). 3) Their sons and the sons' age and reading capability. 4) Their daughters and the daughters' age and redaing capability. 5) Number of sons and daughters. 6) The books kept in the houses. 7) Male servants (including age). 8) Female servants (including age). 9) Number of servants. 10) Other people residing at the farm (including age and how long they've been married). 11) Cotters (including age).'Early Parish Register' is somewhat freely translated from the Norwegian word 'sjeleregister', which litterary means 'register of souls'.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.