Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#76189] DIStreff database

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Has anyone used this database?http://www.disnorge.no/distreff/I can do a name search and get a list of people in the database, but in order to view details, I need a user name/password.According to the 'Start' page, 'Only members that provide own data for DIStreff database are allowed full admittance to data on internet.'It says you can contribute by uploading a GEDCOM file from family tree software, but I can't find specific instructions on how to do this.There's a forum, but you need a user name/password to post there. Same with some of the help topics.I don't see a 'Contact us' link, or I would write to them.If anyone here has experience with this site, I would greatly appreciate their assistance.mvh Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, PerIf I register as a guest at DIS-Norge, will that give me access to DISTreff? Do you know?mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per-Olav Broback Rasch

I doubt it. Only members have access to the familyrelations between each person, unless the one who have sent the data also allows guests to see their familytree.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Leif Salicath

If you are a member and not have contributed with data yet, you will have some kind of access to Distreff. Even when you have contributed you only have full access for the next 3 months, meaning that you should contribute very often.I think the rules is like this and you might find the data you can access without having contributed, quite useful. You get only father and mother of the person in question (not grandfather/mother and 2xgrand), but you can see children and wifes of him. Then you can start again on the father an achive father and mother of him and so on.You miss of course the opportunity of comparing data with others in the system.There is a forum for Distreff, try Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Myhre

And if you contribute once and after 3 months once again and thereafter have no more to add. Then you loose your fully access. Think of it.It is not fair.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei LeifYou have explained part of what I wondered about. I can certainly contribute a GEDCOM file to the site. But I can't figure out how to do that. I find information explaining what is a GEDCOM and how to create that file. But no help with up-loading the file to the site.As for gaining access without contributing, the only thing I have been able to do is query by name and location. This gives me a list of persons with only birth & death years. Is there a way to get more?In my previous post, I didn't word my question properly. What I meant to say is this -- if I register as a 'guest' on DIS-Norge, will I be able to post on the DIStreff forum?One last question -- about this statement -- 'If you are a member and not have contributed with data yet, you will have some kind of access to Distreff.'How do I get to be a member without contributing data? What I read on the site is that you get your user ID and password when you contribute data.I think this site could be very useful, but I wonder if I can gain access.Thank you again, Leif & Per-Olav Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei HansYou were writing when I was posting back to Leif & Per-Olav! Thank you for your post.What if you broke-up your family file into several pieces. Then, contribute a bit every three months? Would that work?But I agree, it's not fair...mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Leif Salicath

No. 1. You must be a member. The you can do a lot including using Distreff. No. 2. You can contribute what you whish, and of course the same material every time (if you haven't any changes).When you are a member you got a memberident and password. I think the price is NOK 400 for 2010.Again, it's better you contact DIS-forum.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei LeifI tried to post on the DIS Forum. But I could not, because I didn't have a user ID and password. Now, I have registered and have received this info by email. I will try to post on the forum.Thanks! Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Alf Christophersen

I see someone tries to confuse you about rights to see family relations as a contributor.First of all, as said correctly, you need to be a member of DIS-Norge to join DIStreff.What has not been uttered correctly is about rights to see family relations.All members who has uploaded a GEDCOM file and have not deleted it, may climb up and down in the family trees as long as their entry is not deleted.The entry should also contain LINKED DATA itself.Linked data was introduced in 2000 and entries entered before that date do not have the correct data layout and thus has not the right to climb.Data entered in 1996 is not entitled to give any rights to see links.In addition, as a recent contributor, you may EVEN see three generations with ancestors. These three generation plot is valid for 180 days after the contribution, but may be refreshed any time.After the period of 180 days, you go back to the ordinary family tree visualization.An exception, no data entered before 2000 can be visualized with family links, just because there are no such data available in the entered data sets.I hope this clarification will make those who has not updated their entries for the last 10 years an urge for updating :-)(And of course the same to those who has left the organisation)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Alf Christophersen

As to how to upload a Gedcom-fileWe are just now in a transition state with new pages.So go to http://www.disnorge.no/distreff/ft-bidrag-send.php and eventually log on.Press the Browse button and navigate for your Gedcom file and then press the Send bidrag button.That's all.I will try to remember to send you the results by mail :-)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei AlfOK... this is good information, but I am still a little bit confused. Where does the 400K come in? Is the the fee to join DIS Norge? If this is true, then after I join DIS-Norge, I can then upload a GEDCOM file to Distreff?When you say this: 'All members who has uploaded a GEDCOM file and have not deleted it, may climb up and down in the family trees as long as their entry is not deleted.'Do you mean that I may climb up and down other people's family trees (not just my own)?About this: 'The entry should also contain LINKED DATA itself.'I don't know what you mean by LINKED DATA. Is this a particular GEDCOM format? OR... are you saying that my family data must link to a family tree already existing on the site?About this: 'After the period of 180 days, you go back to the ordinary family tree visualization.'When you say that you go back to the 'ordinary' format, does this happen after 180 days regardless of whether you contribute more data?Sorry for all the questions... I appreciate you posting back to me!mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne B. Kristiansen

Yes, the fee to join DIS-Norge is 400 NOK pr year....Then you get id and password that you use everytime you want to see the database or other sites on the website..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Alf Christophersen

Patricia, gedcom files contain always linked families, but what I mentioned is the DIStreff entries which today store relations to parents and spouses, and from the parent ID deduce the name of the parents, and from the spouse ID deduce the spouse (from spouse ID) and the children from the childrens parent ID which is the same as the spouse ID of proband.And yes, you may climb others family trees. The intention with that is to control whether the persons you get a match of is really the same persons as you look for.When uploading a Gedcom-fil we will make an entry for you, or you may do it yourself if you use Windows. The resulting entry file is then matched with the database (o a local computer of the Distreff assistant) and a match record is made, sorted, addresses added and returned to you for enjoyment :-)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Myhre

If you contribute once and two times more you have full access up to 180 days after last updating. If you do not have any new informattion to update you will loose your fully access after 180 days. Then you will be in the same category as members who did not contribute at all. That is not fair! The access difference should be between those who have contributed once or several times and those who not have contributed.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Otto Jørgensen

Sending a new gedcom-file should not be any problem for anybody. And after some years,an old file is 'olf' and I'm sure that everybody after some month or years have new and better data.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kenneth Jahren Mathisen

I agree with you Myhre (17). Anyway, I would never recommend DIStreff due to all the wrong entries. It's simply not a reliable source.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Halvorsen

Hi Patricia,If you use the DIStreff database the same way you treat data from the LDS website – in other words with great caution and always doublecheck with primary sources if possible – the extra bonus you get using DIStreff is that it puts you in position to contact living people doing research on common roots and/or in geographical areas of your interest.I recommend you try it out and find out for yourself !Best Kjell H.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you to everyone who has posted on this subject!I tend to agree with those who wrote to treat it like the LDS website. Although now, all I can see is year of birth and death, I have found a couple entries (mainly year of death) that were not correct.Again, many thanks to all!mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Alf Christophersen

Hans (17) You keep repeating what is now just a lie.Once contributing with an entry with the format introduced in 2000 with __coupled data__ (that is, with links to parents and spouses) , you keep the right to climb as long as you are a member and have not deleted your entries.Entries sent in previous of 2000 has never given any the right to climb, being a member or not. The original layout and the format introduced late autumn 1996 (after your last entry) has not the needed information to be used for climbing)Those who updates now or send in new data get the right to climb.And, the first 180 days you also get, in addition the right to see two more generations of ancestors (in addition to father and mother). After those 180 days you will see parents, spouse and child and may choose any of these as proband by clicking on the hyperlinks and thus, you may still climb, both up and down.Alf Christophersen DIStreff coordinator

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Myhre

A search gave matches: Harald Hårfagre 3, Magnus Håkonson 70, Haakon Sverreson 52, Haakon Hakonson 67, Haakon Magnusson 43, Olav V Haakonsen 1. It make me wonder what kind of a databese this is, good wishes?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Alf Christophersen

(24) And from those singularities, you mean one may deduce the complete pedigrees from nowliving back to those mentioned using DIStreff ??Sorry, most links breaks just immediately.Eg. Bjørn Farmann is childless due to DIStreff :-) I would think that prove that he really died childless, and if so, Harald Hårfagre had no descendants at all 2 generations later. (Since Bjørn Farmann was the only one connected to Harald Hårfagre):-)People are allowed to enter the historical row of Kings, have not seen any law enforcements of forbidding people to enter the historical kings of Norway, even if not related in any way.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.