Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#80413] Johannes Hansson Seglem og Anna Johannesdtr Tveit

Gjest Rev. Robbie Osmundson
 Del

I am having a problem between two Anna Johannesdtr in Kvinnherad. One of them married Johannes Hansson 1794 Jun 29 Kvinnherad Ministerialbok 1778-1811 (s. 129b) but the Bygdebok presents a problem: Anna Johannesdtr Parents: Johan Nilsen Tveito / Anna Olsdtr Hjelmeland c: 1767 Mar 5 Kvinnherad Ministerialbok 1754-1777 (s. 270)Kvinnherad Bygdebok, Vol 3. page 427 Tvieto gnr. 99 Johannes Nilsson, 1720-93, g. 1742 m. Anna Olsdotter Hjelmeland, 1722-1807, frå Nigard, bygsla 1744-89. Med desse to kom den ætta til Tveito som framleis sit med garden. Barna var: l. Anna, 1767-, ikkje nemnd i skiftet 1833 etter broren Johannes, g. 1794 m. Johannes Hansson Hjelmeland, bygselmann på bnr. 1 av Seglem.The other: Anna Johannesdtr Parents: Johannes Johnsen Tveit / Magrete Knudsdtr Myklebust c: 1766 May 28 - Kvinnherad Ministerialbok 1754-1777 (s. 257)Kvinnherad 4 page 53 #8d Barn: Anna 1766-1854 g 1794 m Johannes Hansson Seglem (8)Which entry is correct?Any help that you can provide would be appreciated!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kurt Østbye

I would look at it this way:One of the two Annas lived till 1854 when she died at Seglem aged of 90, according to the Church book. It may be assumed that the other Anna died earlier.The Bygdebook states that Anna, daughter of Johannes Nilsson, was not mentioned in a family probate in 1833. The reason might be that she was already dead. (Finding her in the Church book death register would show at which farm she died).Based on this, the wife of Johannes Hansson Seglem, would have been Anna, daughter of Johannes Johnsen Tveit.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

Tusend Tak for the advice! There was an Anna Johannesdtr Stolen that died 1832 Apr 2 (Ministerialbok s. 214b) But I do not know if that is her, though the age matches. There was an Anna Johannesdtr Tveten that married a Hans Torkildsen Lund 1800 Jun 29 (Ministerialbok s.144b) Hans died in 1828.Would you have access to Kvinnherad 3 book for the farm Houland (They are in the 1801 telling for 1224 Quindherred Quindherreds Houland)?? Perhaps the entry in the book might clarify dates, parents of Anna?Thanks!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Magnar Hjelmeland

Hi, Will try to work it out. First of all Tveito and Tveit is two different farms. The Anna who died at the Seglem farm in in March 8.1854 was 90. Kv. 4. has her born 1866 and d. 1854. So far I am able to see this Anna is the right one. Anna who married Hans T. Lund was the second wife of him and died 1801, she is named Tveito. I suppose you descend from some one from the Seglem farm? Magnar.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Magnar Hjelmeland

Hi, I did check who were wittness at the baptism of Johannes Hanson and Anna Johannesdtr. Tveit. A Jon Myklebust was a wittess at the baptism of Margrete in 1806. Jon Myklebust was married to Margrete Johannesdtr. Tveit, a sister of Anna Johannesdtr. Tveit, Herøysund. At the baptism of the next child Anna in 1809 a Margrete Myklebust was a wittness. I can't find any Margrete in the family of Anna Johannesdtr. Tveten, Omvikdal nor can I in the Johannes Hanson Hjelmeland's family either. The name Margrete came later to Hjelmeland from Seglem. Magnar.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei Magnar!Actually, there are two lines that I am working on. One was the Anna who married Johannes Hansson Seglem. I had received the page from KV3 (s. 427)with Johannes Nilsson being the father. Naturally since this had her being married to Johannes Hansson Seglem, I took it at face value. Also I did not know at the time that there were two Tweits.Working from another line through Margareta Johannesdtr (daughter of Johannes Jonsen Tweit)who married Jon Giertsson Musland. It is when I got to doing their family, when I noticed that KV4 s.53 had their Anna also being married to the same Johannes Hansson Seglem. KV3 and KV4 contradicted each other.Since I check on everything in the Parish registers and the census, I found out that there were two Tweits. In checking with the IGI I came across the two Annas being born about a year apart. I wlso checked out every Anna Johannesdtr marriage in a 25 year span. Came out with the one that married Hans Lund.Hopefully if I can get his entry in the book to verify dates on her. I know that errors do occur in the books, and I can accept the fact that KV3 shows her dead by 1833 and that her marriage to Johannes Seglem is an error. I own several volumes from Rogaland and much to my surprise, my great grandmother was not listed along with the rest of her brothers and sisters in the book.Both you and Kurt have been a help to me. So I think that the two lines merge with Johannes Johnsen Tveit / Magrete Knudsdtr Myklebust as you suggest.Tusend Tak!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.