Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

EIDSBERG KOMMUNICANTS LIST

JEFF JEPPSON
 Del

What is a Kommunicants List? What do you find out in this list or function of this list? I noticed a Gentleman making a list in the Digital Inn and have a Interest for some of my Descendents are on the list. Also why would the Wife not be mentioned my name? I noticed in his listing in the Konen category is a ! symbol.

Jeff Jeppson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Norwegians should take communion at least once a year in the 18th Century. Many of them went twice. If they did not go to communion, they might be punished. It was a rite reenacting the Last Supper, and the "wine and bread" should give the people present part of the community of Christ. The communion lists would help the minister to check whether or not a person had followed the rules, but as husband and wife normally attended the rite to-gether, it was easier for the minister to register the husband by name, and his wife just as the letter q. (qvinde) or k. (kone, kvinne). If the woman came alone, she would be registered by name.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider