Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Google books translation: Joachim Lind Stenersen

Brandy
 Del

I think I'm in the right forum because this is from a source other than the archive. If I'm not please redirect me.

My ancestor Joachim Lind Stenersen was in jail in the 1865 census and that was the last word I had about him until on a while I googled "Joachim Lind Stenersen" and this time I got a google books link.

It's a short blurb I think referencing a jail sentence.

Can somebody help with the translation?

http://books.google.com/books?id=Co0YAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA470&lpg=PA470&dq=%22Joachim+Lind+Stenersen%22&source=bl&ots=Q_U4PRYoAK&sig=aMgccdp5r3kX5tila8SIdS1IK_4&hl=en&ei=jj-_TanfNaXr0gGGodCOAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=%22Joachim%20Lind%20Stenersen%22&f=false

Thanks

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

This entry states Joachim Lind Stenersen had been sentenced to 4 years by Tromsø byting April 11, 1868, confirmed by the Overrett May 4, 1868. The Norwegian High Court also confirmed the verdict. Joachim had been found guilty in petty theft, and he had been sentenced for similar offences five times before. The entry is found in Norsk retstidende, volume 23.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider