Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Eidsberg Parish 1731

JEFF JEPPSON
 Del

I would like to know what this Entry means. I believe that it has to do with Rolv Bentsen Oyerud possible upcoming Wedding to Kirsti Johnsdatter Sopler.

I would like to know what it means. It is in the last Column about eight to ten lines down, on May 7th.

Thanks,

Jeff Jeppson

post-415-0-79920600-1309653597_thumb.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Rolv Bentsen Oyerud had to go to church May 7, 1731 and in front of the people present at church he had to ask forgiveness ("åpenbart skrifte") and admit having sinned against the sixth commandment by going to bed ("Leyermaal") with the widow Marthe Andersdatter.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Rolv Bentsen Oyerud had to go to church May 7, 1731 and in front of the people present at church he had to ask forgiveness ("åpenbart skrifte") and admit having sinned against the sixth commandment by going to bed ("Leyermaal") with the widow Marthe Andersdatter.

Thanks, That is interesting due to Kirsti Johnsdatter dieing in 1735, and later Rolv Bentsen married a Marthe Andersdatter, Aug 29 1739 in Eidsberg, Norway. I will look again and see if there is a reference to her being a widow.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider