Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

foto i Tromso

Er det noen som vet når dette bildet kan ha blitt tatt? Det er tatt av F Bakland hvem var han? var der et studio i Tromsø? Noen hjelp takknemlig mottatt!

Rob.

Does anyone know when this photo might have been taken?? It's taken by F Bakland who was he?? was there a studio in Tromso?? Any help gratefully received!!

Rob.

Her er det..

post-2038-0-53991400-1313520166_thumb.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Er det noen som vet når dette bildet kan ha blitt tatt? Det er tatt av F Bakland hvem var han? var der et studio i Tromsø? Noen hjelp takknemlig mottatt!

Rob.

Does anyone know when this photo might have been taken?? It's taken by F Bakland who was he?? was there a studio in Tromso?? Any help gratefully received!!

Rob.

Her er det..

Rob,in 1900 there is a Tellef Bakland,photographer in Tromsø. Ron Berg-Iverson

http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=12&filnamn=f01902&gardpostnr=549&personpostnr=6082&merk=6082#ovre

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Ron,

Thanks for that I've been doing this for years and missed the obvious. Any idea where Fan.. is??

Best Regards,

Rob.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here is Tøllef Olsen in Bakkejord, Tromsøysund 1875. f. 1866 so its likely the same man.

http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/WebCens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=2&filnamn=f71934&gardpostnr=233&personpostnr=1827&merk=1827#ovre

Judging by the age of Tollef the most likely date is therefore 1886-1900 .I know this individual left Norway seemingly for good in 1901 so it's not likely to be after that. If it is 1886 it is earlier than I thought I wonder if there aerw any records in North troms museum??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Fan= Fana, Bergen??

Looking at the photo,it appears your grandfather is late 20s. The picture was taken by T ( not F ) Bakland in Tromsø.So I am 100% sure its Tøllef Olsen Bakland.I have seen other pictures taken by the same man in Tromsø. When Tøllef Olsen went to Tromsø from Bakkejord and used the surname Bakland I could find nothing.As for the Fana you refer to if you are talking about the Fa in the photo it could mean something else. It certainly was not taken in Bergen. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Looking at the photo,it appears your grandfather is late 20s. The picture was taken by T ( not F ) Bakland in Tromsø.So I am 100% sure its Tøllef Olsen Bakland.I have seen other pictures taken by the same man in Tromsø. When Tøllef Olsen went to Tromsø from Bakkejord and used the surname Bakland I could find nothing.As for the Fana you refer to if you are talking about the Fa in the photo it could mean something else. It certainly was not taken in Bergen. Ron

This is my great grandfather born 1874 !!so the photo looks1894 - 1900?? He was living in ~UK in 1901. I will ask North Troms Museum if they can help too.

Thanks Ron,

Rob.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

This is my great grandfather born 1874 !!so the photo looks1894 - 1900?? He was living in ~UK in 1901. I will ask North Troms Museum if they can help too.

Thanks Ron,

Rob.

Rob,I think I figured out the Fa. If you look at the bio of TO Bakland in Tromsø you will see he took photos in Fagernes,Namsos in 1905. Possibly your g-grandfather was back in Norway in Namsos on a ship and had his photo taken? He would be 31 which agrees with the photo? Ron

http://www.nb.no/pm/fotograf.php?fotograf_id=157&navn=&m_saml=&kjonn=&tittel=&eiernavn=&stikkord=&year_from=&year_to=&stedsnavn=&genre_code=&country_code=&fylke_code=&startid=

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Rob,I think I figured out the Fa. If you look at the bio of TO Bakland in Tromsø you will see he took photos in Fagernes,Namsos in 1905. Possibly your g-grandfather was back in Norway in Namsos on a ship and had his photo taken? He would be 31 which agrees with the photo? Ron

http://www.nb.no/pm/fotograf.php?fotograf_id=157&navn=&m_saml=&kjonn=&tittel=&eiernavn=&stikkord=&year_from=&year_to=&stedsnavn=&genre_code=&country_code=&fylke_code=&startid=

That's a very good answer from a first class brain what particularly surprises me is how late the photo is if T B didn't start working in Fagernes till 1905 then the photo cannot predate then?? Yet I know Magnus had an accident that year that nearly killed him. I wonder when that studio opened if there are examples of work in the National Library. Thanks for your help Ron great stuff ,as always,

Rob.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Ron,

This photo is of the same person taken prior to 1905 ??1901 he looks older in this photo which is very odd. Any views??

Rob,this picture was taken in Tacoma Washington ( USA )When did Magnus go to the US? If you had an idea when this US photo was taken you can get a better timeline.I can not see a resemblance with the picture ca 1905. As for Fagernes there is a district in Tromsø called Fagernes.Possibly the Namsos name has no meaning to the ca. 1905 photo

Of course its always possible the Tromsø picture was taken prior to 1905. The bio only says Tøllef Bakland was in Fagernes 1905. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Rob,this picture was taken in Tacoma Washington ( USA )When did Magnus go to the US? If you had an idea when this US photo was taken you can get a better timeline.I can not see a resemblance with the picture ca 1905. As for Fagernes there is a district in Tromsø called Fagernes.Possibly the Namsos name has no meaning to the ca. 1905 photo

Of course its always possible the Tromsø picture was taken prior to 1905. The bio only says Tøllef Bakland was in Fagernes 1905. Ron

I'm not sure. Magnus went to America ?? Rosario washington 1901 so that might date the photo but why would T Bakland advertise Fagernes and Tromso which are one and the same place, Tromso is sufficient . Magnus was working on boats and transporting timber. Fagernes is well known for timber which must therefor remain a possibility. The lack of likeness maybe poor photo. Still a mystery..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I'm not sure. Magnus went to America ?? Rosario washington 1901 so that might date the photo but why would T Bakland advertise Fagernes and Tromso which are one and the same place, Tromso is sufficient . Magnus was working on boats and transporting timber. Fagernes is well known for timber which must therefor remain a possibility. The lack of likeness maybe poor photo. Still a mystery..

John Thorvald Wadness 1859 - 1936 ( Norwegian ) had a studio in Tacoma,Washington from

1887-1899 at 947 C Street. So that picture is taken 1899 or earlier. Are you sure both photos are the same man? The one in Tacoma shows he had bright eyes ( blue? ) and the one taken in Fagernes shows an elongated chin unlike the fellow in Tacoma.As for Fagernes and Tromsø, I have see documents,pictures etc that show no street address but only the district in the town,so Fagernes,Tromsø makes sense to me.There are other Fagernes farms

in Tromsøysund,Leikvik and Narvik,but T Bakland shows in 1900 & 1910 in Tromsø so I am assuming his Fagernes is the district in Tromsø. I looked in Namsos and found none.

Are you the same Rob we helped a couple of years ago with Breivoll & Skog? Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

John Thorvald Wadness 1859 - 1936 ( Norwegian ) had a studio in Tacoma,Washington from

1887-1899 at 947 C Street. So that picture is taken 1899 or earlier. Are you sure both photos are the same man? The one in Tacoma shows he had bright eyes ( blue? ) and the one taken in Fagernes shows an elongated chin unlike the fellow in Tacoma.As for Fagernes and Tromsø, I have see documents,pictures etc that show no street address but only the district in the town,so Fagernes,Tromsø makes sense to me.There are other Fagernes farms

in Tromsøysund,Leikvik and Narvik,but T Bakland shows in 1900 & 1910 in Tromsø so I am assuming his Fagernes is the district in Tromsø. I looked in Namsos and found none.

Are you the same Rob we helped a couple of years ago with Breivoll & Skog? Ron

This is very bewildering. Intuitively speaking the first photo is almost certainly earlier , therefore Tromso. c1896.

The second photo is definitely the same person. The early date indicates he was not married to the person standing next to him but people bent the rules to please themselves . Are you sure about the dates in Tacoma they put a whole new complexion on this man and his life. I'm not sure who you were helping a few years back what was the context??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

This is very bewildering. Intuitively speaking the first photo is almost certainly earlier , therefore Tromso. c1896.

The second photo is definitely the same person. The early date indicates he was not married to the person standing next to him but people bent the rules to please themselves . Are you sure about the dates in Tacoma they put a whole new complexion on this man and his life. I'm not sure who you were helping a few years back what was the context??

Yes the dates in Tacoma are correct.Wagness moved from Tacoma in 1899.

The Rob Hansen? I am talking about a couple of years ago was about Magnus Bertin Hanssen from Breivoll.We shared a common ancestor in Breivoll ( Nils Jenssen Ærboe )Been awhile but I seem to rcall this Magnus B Hanssen died in Wales? Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yes the dates in Tacoma are correct.Wagness moved from Tacoma in 1899.

The Rob Hansen? I am talking about a couple of years ago was about Magnus Bertin Hanssen from Breivoll.We shared a common ancestor in Breivoll ( Nils Jenssen Ærboe )Been awhile but I seem to rcall this Magnus B Hanssen died in Wales? Ron

Do you know when in 1899 Wagness left Tacoma?? Are there any photos extant something to compare??

This is Magnus Hanssen in Tacoma with his partner Maggie.

I am Rob great grandson.

We have been in touch was it the bankruptcy of Nils Jenssen, the document in the bygdebok ??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Do you know when in 1899 Wagness left Tacoma?? Are there any photos extant something to compare??

This is Magnus Hanssen in Tacoma with his partner Maggie.

I am Rob great grandson.

We have been in touch was it the bankruptcy of Nils Jenssen, the document in the bygdebok ??

John Wagness went to the Yukon 1899 - 1905 so he did not have his Tacoma studio after 1899.Here is another picture taken Tacoma to compare.

http://content.lib.washington.edu/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/portraits&CISOPTR=633&CISOBOX=1&REC=1

What document are you referring to? I have an English version of Nils bankruptcy.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

John Wagness went to the Yukon 1899 - 1905 so he did not have his Tacoma studio after 1899.Here is another picture taken Tacoma to compare.

http://content.lib.washington.edu/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/portraits&CISOPTR=633&CISOBOX=1&REC=1

What document are you referring to? I have an English version of Nils bankruptcy.

What is Cor 11th bottom of photo?? The girl on the right was born 1880 she looks c.18 so 1898 is a good guess.

btw That's the right document.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

What is Cor 11th bottom of photo?? The girl on the right was born 1880 she looks c.18 so 1898 is a good guess.

btw That's the right document.

Cor 11 is the location of the studio where the photo was taken.

Corner of 11th and Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, Washington. I do know John Wagness was in the Yukon 1899 - 1905 as there is a Canadian record of photographers in that area.He returned to Stanwood,Washington in 1905 where he later died.This still does not date your picture,only that it was taken prior to 1900. 1898 is a good estimate if you say the girl was born 1880.The picture in Fagernes shows an older Magnus so 1904-1905 is my guess. 30 years old. Whatever, its nice to have the old pictures.I hope you have made copies of the originals? Some of mine have faded a little but I had made copies so no problem.

As for the " bankruptcy " of Niels Jenssen are you referring to his guarantee for the marriage of Anna Kathrine Flensberg & Rasmus Tygesen Trane? This is why Niels lost his estate. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Cor 11 is the location of the studio where the photo was taken.

Corner of 11th and Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, Washington. I do know John Wagness was in the Yukon 1899 - 1905 as there is a Canadian record of photographers in that area.He returned to Stanwood,Washington in 1905 where he later died.This still does not date your picture,only that it was taken prior to 1900. 1898 is a good estimate if you say the girl was born 1880.The picture in Fagernes shows an older Magnus so 1904-1905 is my guess. 30 years old. Whatever, its nice to have the old pictures.I hope you have made copies of the originals? Some of mine have faded a little but I had made copies so no problem.

As for the " bankruptcy " of Niels Jenssen are you referring to his guarantee for the marriage of Anna Kathrine Flensberg & Rasmus Tygesen Trane? This is why Niels lost his estate. Ron

Re photo:

The two individuals ran away it makes tracing them a nightmare!!

re Nils That's very interesting why did guaranteeing the marriage lead to this loss was the crime so bad??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...